Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not really a new Topic,

4 posters

Go down

Not really a new Topic, Empty Not really a new Topic,

Post  neanderthal Sun 24 Jul 2022, 3:17 pm

Righto here I go, I'm trying to run the Act Cravens to Ely on Mid East Plus.The Train is meant to be a 2 Car (mep 105) but it only has one car, and when it opens you are facing into the dead end Platform. The same problem occurs when doing (though it cannot be done as that train is also "aiming the wrong way ) the Act "Returns to Gordon Hill".

I suppose this is the same fault as I posted about before where Dmu's coming towards you have a car missing.
So the question is How do I make these cars visible to drive, or if thats a very difficult thing to do should I just delete the two Acts.Not really a new Topic, Open_r30
Not really a new Topic, Open_r29

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Not really a new Topic, Empty Re: Not really a new Topic,

Post  slipperman12 Sun 24 Jul 2022, 4:14 pm

Hi Roger,
I assume you're running Open Rails.

Having just checked the activity, the 'driver' is in the Driving Trailer car (ie not motorised).  The MEP-Cravens105.eng file contains a "DieselSpecialEffects" section which contains no data (only comments), which Open Rails doesn't like in a non-motorised vehicle!!  You need to remove the following section from the .eng file (only for this vehicle!).  The line numbers are shown because I use ConText but you can use NotePad but it won't show the line numbers.
Not really a new Topic, Vanish10

When you've removed the lines, just save the file and the next time you run that DMU in OR, you should see that vehicle.
This also applies to other DMUs in MEP, although the line numbers may be different, the same principle applies.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Sun 24 Jul 2022, 5:09 pm

Thanks for this. I had noticed the rogue DMUs in activities but hadn't actually found myself driving one.
A new job then for me, to identify the DMUs and "deal with" them.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Sun 24 Jul 2022, 6:19 pm

Thank you Ged, works wonderfully well. Next time I'm up your way the Beers on me  Not really a new Topic, 1f600

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Not really a new Topic, Empty So to add,

Post  neanderthal Mon 25 Jul 2022, 8:51 pm

Hi Ged, Jonathan,
1)    I do have a D/l for ConText, but to be be fair have never really tried to down load it (it looks a bit Technical) though having the Line Numbers alone would probably make it worth it.
2)   Just how do I know which eng files to alter, there appears to be hundreds of Dmu's in MEP, (Would I be right in assuming that if the files include 2 exhausts NOT to change them..

And finally on the Act "Dreary Day Dmu" it's meant to be a 6 car Train to be split into a 2 Car and 4 Car half way through the Act, but there's only 5 cars, is this the same sort of fault ?

That of course  does not include any of the other Dmu's running "Rogue"  Thanks,  Roger "I'm trying, honest" lol!

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 25 Jul 2022, 9:41 pm

Hi Roger,
You could look at each DMU vehicle to see if it has 2 Exhaust statements, but a better way is to look at the file name.  If the first two characters are DT (meaning Driving Trailer), then remove the 'Effects' section, as per my previous message.
I am NOT referring to the AI or 'dead' vehicles (prefixed # or $) because I don't know if they suffer the same problem! I AM referring to .eng files only.

In the "Dreary DMU Day" activity, it's the second vehicle which is missing.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Tue 26 Jul 2022, 10:06 am

Thanks again Ged, that seems the easier option...Roger Not really a new Topic, 1f600

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Tue 26 Jul 2022, 7:09 pm

Hello  A quick question to do with the above, Do I download ConTEXT into ProgramFiles (x86), and do I disable Note Pad ? Roger

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 26 Jul 2022, 7:54 pm

Hi Roger,
ConText is perfectly OK in C:\Program Files (x86) - mine's been there for more than 3 years and I've not had any problem (famous last words!!).

No, you don't need to do anything with, or to, NotePad!

I suggest that you change some MSTS files to open with ConText instead of NotePad.  You must do this for each file type - .eng, .wag, .con, act, etc.

Right-click a file of each type and select 'Properties'.  Left-click the 'Change' button. It's possible that the next screen to be displayed will show Context - if so left-click it followed by the 'OK' button, otherwise you'll need to navigate to ConText.exe.  
Whichever way Context.exe was selected, press the 'Apply' button.  From now on, all files of that type will open with ConText.

There is a problem I've noticed with ConText - It won't allow more than one file to be open at a time if previously opened files are minimised. .The problem is that the last previous file to be minimised is maximised, instead of the new file being displayed..  It's quite possible that I've got an incorrect setting, but I thought it worth mentioning.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Tue 26 Jul 2022, 8:15 pm

Many Thanks Ged.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Fri 29 Jul 2022, 7:57 pm

So today I was running mep  Mystery Tour 2 when approaching Knottingley I appeared to pick up an Invisible train stopped at the Red ( I had not Tabbed through any Reds ).
So coming around the bend I passed an amber Signal, showing that the next would be red, so I was only crawling.Just before the Signal I heard a "Clank" and had the message,

12.01.48 Imformation- join success-Train60 Service   MEPDJ-Knottingley Ea has been incorporated into train 0 service. Player.

Train ops window shows

A160-0 as now being in front of 32798.0

Question is that the Signal then stayed on Red, so is there a work around this please or is just another foible of OR. Sad

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 29 Jul 2022, 8:52 pm

Hi Roger,
Sorry, I can't answer this one, although I think it's one of the conditions where OR doesn't work like MSTS!!
It is only an invisible loco, so you should be able to continue, but it's odd that the signals didn't stop you before you got to it.
On checking that activity, there seem to be a number of other 'blockers' used.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Sat 30 Jul 2022, 7:55 am

Thanks for that Ged.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  brace_2011 Sat 30 Jul 2022, 11:52 am

I have found that Mystery Tour 2 is one of the very few activities built for MSTS that doesn't work in OR. Apparently it is to do with the loop round the coal field (is it a coal field - it is quite a while since I tested it? But you probably know the section of track that I am referring to). I gather OR doesn't handle loops in the same way as MSTS.

Martin

brace_2011

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down