Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master Tsection.dat for UKFS

2 posters

Go down

Master Tsection.dat for UKFS Empty Master Tsection.dat for UKFS

Post  coolhand101 Mon 21 Feb 2022, 2:22 pm

While editing a third rail route, I notice none of the Ukfs3r_icr_* track pieces are showing up in RE. When checking the Master Tsection.dat file, there are no entries for these tracks. Only the left version are included?

Any ideals?

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Master Tsection.dat for UKFS Empty Re: Master Tsection.dat for UKFS

Post  slipperman12 Mon 21 Feb 2022, 3:29 pm

Hi,
I suggest you get in touch with Derek Morton (engmod) who's the custodian of the Tsection.dat file!

The Ukfs3r_icl_* entries run from 37767 to 37776 and it appears that 37777 to 37799 have been reserved for Tim Booth, so there's space to add the 10 'right' entries..

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Mon 21 Feb 2022, 11:06 pm

Hi Ged

These track pieces must be at least 15 years old. Are you saying no one has notice/reported this before? Seems rather odd it is just these pieces, which does indeed add up to 10 not included in the global Tsection.dat.

Ok, I send a PM to Derek Morton (engmod), ( I take it UKTrainSim?) linking this thread. Thanks for the confirmation. Thought I was losing it there for a moment Shocked  Very Happy

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 22 Feb 2022, 10:29 am

Hi,
I'm not sure about Derek being on UKTS - I see his posts most often on Elvastower although he's also on trainsim.com as derekmorton.

Could it be that anyone requiring right curves just turned the left curves around?  Although that would need some planning as the third rail is on the other side!!

The only route I can think of which may need those track pieces is Watersnake by Richard Loader (rickloader on UKTS and, I think, Elvastower) so he may be able to help.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Tue 22 Feb 2022, 11:37 am

Hi Ged

Thanks, I now recall seeing his name over at ET instead of UKTS!

The track pieces in-question allow a perfect fit of the third rail, from single to double track depending on the direction. I have ATM, used the left hand version as a temporary measure. However, it seems a waste of good track pieces just sitting around for years on peoples hard drives.  

I'm pretty sure Watersnake is a steam era route and before electrification. The Dorset Coast author would be the best choice, but he hasn't been on UKTS for quite some time.

If no go, then as I can manually edit TDBs, RDBs, etc, to fix all problems of single nodes( blue poles), and vector nodes, etc, so I'm pretty sure I can edit the global Tsection.dat( backed up first ). I haven't touch this file since MSTS days to change a couple of "Clear Distance" on certain problem track pieces, but I haven't inserted additional track pieces before.

Would you be able to assist me for my personal global Tsection.dat as a temporary measure?

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 22 Feb 2022, 9:24 pm

Hi,
You are correct regarding the Dorset Coast route Smile
Using a program I created more than a couple of years ago (but never officially released), I found that the ukfs3r_icl* shapes are used in several World files.

It's a bit out of my experience as I'm not a route builder and have no idea of the purpose of the other entries in the Tsection.dat file (NumPaths  and  SectionIdx, but if you think I might be of assistance, I'd be pleased to help Smile

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Tue 22 Feb 2022, 11:49 pm

Hi Ged.

So in theory, ukfs3r_icr* shapes should not exist in anyone's world files?

Does the Watersnake route have third rail track pieces then? I've never notice when I tested the route years ago!

The SectionIdx is entered in the TDB and World files when laying track in RE.. Thinking more about this, if the Global Tsection.Dat does get an official upgrade, with different  SectionIdx entries, I would have to manually edit the pieces to the new numbers in the my own global Tsection.dat. So scrap that ideal about a temporary GTS, I will PM EngMod on ET tonight.

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Fri 25 Feb 2022, 3:28 am

Derek Morton sent me an email. The global Tsection.dat cannot be updated until these track pieces are tested and the necessary entries made in the Global Tsection.dat file. This requires a route builder's expertise, as I'm unsure what entries need to be made in the Global Tsection.dat file to use these track pieces with R.E!

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down