Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LYR - Heartland - 1920

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

LYR - Heartland - 1920 - Page 2 Empty Re: LYR - Heartland - 1920

Post  ShortNorth Wed 26 Aug 2020, 2:35 am

rufuskins wrote:................... and seeing stock in the sidings - including the odd wagon from my own uploads - really does add to the experience when exploring the route.

G'day Alec,

The stock you are seeing in sidings comes from two methods - some are placed as static scenery stock in the route itself and are always in that siding no matter which activity you run, others are from 'loose consists' placed as part of the activity (which is where you are probably seeing some of your own wagons), and these can be varied from activity to activity. This means that whatever you run, the lineside stock will always be a mix of static 'fixed' stock and variable 'loose consists', so every activity should display a different combination.

Regards, Brian

"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
ShortNorth
ShortNorth

http://shortnorth.steam4me.net/

Back to top Go down

LYR - Heartland - 1920 - Page 2 Empty Re: LYR - Heartland - 1920

Post  ShortNorth Mon 05 Oct 2020, 5:49 am

Well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 100% finished the Black Country 1920 and LMS 1930's and the Huddersfield 1920 and LMS 1930's routes - my next step WOULD HAVE BEEN to make a exLYR Heartland LMS 1930's, .................. BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got to thinking - Huddersfield was expanded to link up the LYR main line across the Pennines - part Manchester to Summit Tunnel in one route and Winterbutlee Tunnel to Wakefield in the other route i.e a run spread across two adjoining routes.

Well, I have (Leeds) via Huddersfield to Standedge Tunnel in one route, but not in the adjoining route, so ..................

I'm making one MORE version of LYR Heartland - this will be extended from the existing 'stub' at Miles Platting and run through Ashton-under-Lyne, Stalybridge, Diggle to Standedge Tunnel - this will complete the LNWR route over the Pennines, then trains can - run part Manchester to Standedge Tunnel in one route and Standedge Tunnel to (Leeds) in the other route.

I have laid markers and track from Miles Platting to Diggle and Standedge Tunnel, and am proceeding quite nicely.

Once I have the FINAL Heartland out, then it is easy to do the Heartland LMS 1930's.

LYR - Heartland - 1920 - Page 2 Lyr-he13

Regards, Brian

"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
ShortNorth
ShortNorth

http://shortnorth.steam4me.net/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum