Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LYR - Heartland - 1920

+6
mikeanddi
rufuskins
ShortNorth
stlsf4003
terrycunliffe
Bob Latimer
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

LYR - Heartland - 1920 - Page 2 Empty Re: LYR - Heartland - 1920

Post  ShortNorth Wed 26 Aug 2020, 2:35 am

rufuskins wrote:................... and seeing stock in the sidings - including the odd wagon from my own uploads - really does add to the experience when exploring the route.

G'day Alec,

The stock you are seeing in sidings comes from two methods - some are placed as static scenery stock in the route itself and are always in that siding no matter which activity you run, others are from 'loose consists' placed as part of the activity (which is where you are probably seeing some of your own wagons), and these can be varied from activity to activity. This means that whatever you run, the lineside stock will always be a mix of static 'fixed' stock and variable 'loose consists', so every activity should display a different combination.

Regards, Brian

"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
ShortNorth
ShortNorth

http://shortnorth.steam4me.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Mon 05 Oct 2020, 5:49 am

Well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 100% finished the Black Country 1920 and LMS 1930's and the Huddersfield 1920 and LMS 1930's routes - my next step WOULD HAVE BEEN to make a exLYR Heartland LMS 1930's, .................. BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got to thinking - Huddersfield was expanded to link up the LYR main line across the Pennines - part Manchester to Summit Tunnel in one route and Winterbutlee Tunnel to Wakefield in the other route i.e a run spread across two adjoining routes.

Well, I have (Leeds) via Huddersfield to Standedge Tunnel in one route, but not in the adjoining route, so ..................

I'm making one MORE version of LYR Heartland - this will be extended from the existing 'stub' at Miles Platting and run through Ashton-under-Lyne, Stalybridge, Diggle to Standedge Tunnel - this will complete the LNWR route over the Pennines, then trains can - run part Manchester to Standedge Tunnel in one route and Standedge Tunnel to (Leeds) in the other route.

I have laid markers and track from Miles Platting to Diggle and Standedge Tunnel, and am proceeding quite nicely.

Once I have the FINAL Heartland out, then it is easy to do the Heartland LMS 1930's.

LYR - Heartland - 1920 - Page 2 Lyr-he13

Regards, Brian

"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Thu 11 Aug 2022, 8:13 am

Having quite some years building routes, I decided to try my hand at making activities.

This activity pack is a set of eighteen (18) varied activities for the LYR-Heartland-1920 route. The pack comprises the original nine (9) supplied with the V5 route that have been updated and nine (9) new activities.

CAUTION : these activities have only been tested in Open Rails - although the activities were built using the MSTS Activity Editor, there is NO GUARANTEE they will work satifactorily in MSTS - use in MSTS at your own risk.

The activity pack comprises 2 passenger MU electric train activities, 6 passenger train activities, 6 goods train activities, an express fish train activity, and two activities for LNWR trains on the Standedge route and one MR train activity running over LYR lines.

LYR - Heartland - 1920 - Page 2 Lyr-he14

The activity pack should be available to download from UKTS in the next day or two.

Enjoy, Brian

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Thu 12 Jan 2023, 6:22 pm

I am just trying once again to sort out and rationalise my MSTS installations. In doing so I have received an error message saying that stock item
LYR-10TonHandCrane\LY10tHandCrane_01.wag From L&Y_G_Perway_Train+Crane.con (sorry slightly garbled in pasting in)
is missing. I notice that it is listed in the documentation I have with the route, but I cannot find out whether I have lost it or never had it.
The same applies to the PO wagons for Crigglestone.
Can someone give me a clue please?
Jonathan

Last edited by Jonathan David on Thu 12 Jan 2023, 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add a second query)

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 12 Jan 2023, 7:53 pm

Hi Jonathan,
Ah, there is life in this Forum Smile
Happy New Year to all (if it's not too late!!)

As far as I am aware, no stock was included with the route. The 'Guidelines' document gives details of what UKTS downloads are required

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Fri 13 Jan 2023, 1:27 am

G'day Johnathan,

The Crigglestone wagons are available in Ian Macmillan's pack - UKTS_37343_PO_Yorkshire_North_Collieries.

As far as I can remember, the L&Y 10T crane was in the Skipton 1920 CD - however, if you don't have that pack, you could substitute my 10T Cowans Sheldon hand crane from my NSWGR Accident Cranes pack - see here - https://shortnorth.steam4me.net/LocomotiveWorkshops.html - scroll down towards the bottom and you'll find it.

Regards, Brian

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Fri 13 Jan 2023, 7:15 am

Many thanks. I can sort both of those. Edit: I have downloaded the Australian accident cranes file and there is no 10 ton crane, only 15 ton and above. Is there another file?
I am not actually asking in the right place, but the other item I cannot find is the NSR Class B 2-4-0T loco. The only one I can find on MSTS (or could find yesterday) is for Trainz.
Jonathan

Last edited by Jonathan David on Fri 13 Jan 2023, 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add a question)

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 13 Jan 2023, 1:35 pm

Hi Jonathan,
You are correct!  Although the description of the crane pack includes a 10T version, it's not included.

You can get a suitable crane in UKTS_37624.

Regarding the 2-4-0 Tank loco, the only one I can find is the McClean loco as supplied with the NSR (Potteries Loop) route It's available as UKTS_37784. Otherwise, there's a 2-4-0 tender loco for LYR in UKTS_39636

Unfortunately, UKTS can't be accessed at the moment, but I'm sure it'll be back soon!

Cheers,
Ged

Last edited by slipperman12 on Fri 13 Jan 2023, 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info!)

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Fri 13 Jan 2023, 2:43 pm

Thanks. I had both the PO wagon file and that for the loco archived though not installed. The latter is not ideal but can act as a substitute until I find a source for the correct one.
I shall have to wait for the crane file until UKTS is back up.
I have been steadily downloading files I think I might want from UKTS simply because of the likelihood that one day soon it will disappear for good. Most will probably never be installed but they are there for occasions such as this when downloading is not possible. Or when others might be seeking particular files.
Re your Australian cranes, I think I may install them anyway, suitable modified,. as they could be useful for set pieces which will be passed during activities. I did this once using the French rail mounted crane but that was not really typical of what the British companies owned, just the only one I could find.
Again, many thanks for your help.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Sat 14 Jan 2023, 1:43 am

Jonathan David wrote:............. there is no 10 ton crane, only 15 ton and above. Is there another file?

............................the other item I cannot find is the NSR Class B 2-4-0T loco. ......................................Jonathan

My bad - I meant to say 15T crane instead of 10T crane. Use the NSWGR 15T Cowans Sheldon hand crane.

The NSR B class 2-4-0T was a freeware pack from Blue Arrow Train Sim - it was available in the UKTS downloads until Terry Thornton withdrew his permission. Some users may be lucky to have downloaded it when it was available, but unfortunately those later users miss out. However, there is an LMS version in the LMS CD pack (or its 21 file download equivalent - search for "LMSR Pack" on UKTS downloads).

I did consider making a new B class in my NSR locos pack, but I generally don't like to duplicate locos already made by others.

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Sat 14 Jan 2023, 9:52 pm

Many thanks. I'll use the 15 ton crane then. It looks very nice in the screenshot.
And for the loco I'll check what other stock is used and whether the LMS version would be out of place.
As it happens a tidying up exercise I have been doing has revealed that on some routes there is a considerable mix of LMS or GWR coaches and wagons, and vice versa. Presumably activities meant to be set in the first weeks of 1948.
Many thanks for your help now and so often in the past.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2