Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Activity Question

2 posters

Go down

Activity Question Empty Activity Question

Post  35005CP Sun 10 Jan 2016, 12:22 pm

Hi all,

I have a question for all you experienced Activity Writers out there. I am just going through an Activity that I am Finalizing. The Player loco I would like to be held up by an Amber and then a Red light. Question is, how is this dictated without it running into the back of the AI Train?

Cheers

Andy

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Activity Question Empty Re: Activity Question

Post  StephenRWells Sun 10 Jan 2016, 3:08 pm

Hi Andy,

Normal signalling rules are followed. A few more details of what you are trying to achieve would be helpful. Are the trains following each other? Do you want the ai to precede you across a junction? There are various options available to achieve what you want but sometimes which you choose depends on the situation.

Sorry if this isn't much help,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Sun 10 Jan 2016, 4:05 pm

Thanks for the reply Stephen,

What I want to do in a couple of places is for my Player service to follow an AI service train and to get an Amber and then finally a Red Signal. Once the AI has cleared the signal after the Red, I then get Amber and Green Lights all the way to its destination point.

I hope this makes sense?

Cheers,

Andy

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sun 10 Jan 2016, 4:35 pm

Hi Andy,

This is basically simple - if anything is in MSTS!! The ai train must be travelling slower than the player to get the Amber and then Red and then faster to get the Amber and then Green. The slowness is obtained by placing waiting points in the ai's path. Double reverse points can be used instead but they don't have the time flexibility. The Amber and Green can be achieved by ending the ai's path 2 or 3 signals after you have stopped at the Red. This assumes that you don't need to see the ai. If you do, is there a siding or loop where you send it and then hold it using a long waiting point?

Hope this helps,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down