Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woodhead and BIN Problems

2 posters

Go down

Woodhead and BIN Problems Empty Woodhead and BIN Problems

Post  andrew moody Sun 09 Aug 2015, 3:37 pm

Hello everyone.
Some of you may have seen ny posts over on UKTS regarding downloading the various files, this I eventually acchieved, thanks to lots of help, I have subsequently been downloading the various Locos and stock and have run into another problem. downloading UKTS4434, which is class 76 multiple working which on my computer instead of the destination being C:\1MSTS it wants to go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\TRAINS\TRAINSET\Class76multiple.
Although the file appears to download OK. When I look for it in Program files/Games, it does not exsist.
I made the decision to change the destination to C;\1MSTS which worked, well sort of, The files spread themselves into the main 1MSTS files, I carefully extracted them giving me 9 files + Readme.
front.ace,frontone.eng frontone.s frontone.sd left.ace rearone.eng rearone.s reaeone.sd right.ace =9
I have made a folder which I have named class 76 multiple, Please could someone confirm that this is correct.
The next thing of course was that MSTS would not work, so a painstaking removal and re-installation followed and now I cannot get MSTS BIN 1.8 to work, apperently (and despite doing a total removal)
I am getting the famous message "The File C:1MSTS train exe is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded."
So what do I do now, In effect MSTS is totally useless and I can not find any other way of getting the Bin patch to install.
Please can someone help me please.
Many thanks
Andy
P.S. I am in the process of downloading and sorting the various Locos/stock for Woodhead so it is not currently installed but NW3 is and it is this that will not work without Bin.

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Woodhead and BIN Problems Empty Re: Woodhead and BIN Problems

Post  slipperman12 Sun 09 Aug 2015, 4:33 pm

Hi Andy,
No, MSTS is not "totally useless"!! All the message means is that either you've installed MSTS from the CDs and not applied the update, or, more likely in your case, MSTSBin has already been applied. Look in your 1MSTS folder - is there a file with a name like "Uninst_MSTS Patch 1.8.0521 EN.exe" ? If so, double-click it to uninstall the existing patch, then try applying it again.

Regarding UKTS File ID 4434. You do know that they are only AI locos and can't be driven? As for as installing them is concerned, when they want to install into : C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\TRAINS\TRAINSET\Class76multiple change it to read :
C:\1MSTS\TRAINS\TRAINSET\Class76multiple.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sun 09 Aug 2015, 5:39 pm

slipperman12 wrote:
No, MSTS is not "totally useless"!!  
Hello Ged.
I should have said that MSTS is currently Totally  unusable not useless.
I have 28 files after the folders, except for one file that reads Set up log  Date 07/09/2015 0f 200KB all of the other files shown are circa 2001/2002, There is no reference to
MSTS BIN at all, Tha'ts why I am concerned and do not understand why it will not load, Should I try another uninstall/reinstall?
UKTS 4434, yes they are A1 loco's but are required for Woodhead activities, Will try your suggestion.
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 09 Aug 2015, 5:48 pm

Hi Andy,
Thanks!
There's no need to panic - I think you have manually deleted somethings you shouldn't have, but there's a way out Smile

Run the MSTS update (the 7204KB version) - don't forget to change the location to C:\1MSTS.
You should now be able to install the Bin patch.

Please come back.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sun 09 Aug 2015, 6:32 pm

Embarassed ARRGH Embarassed Of course,Of course,Of course! How stupid of me! One of the first things I do after a re-installation is run the update 25 files, making sure they go to
C:\1MSTS instead of Microsoft Games, Only I did not this time, and I had two goes at running the updates.
Thanks very much Ged, also UKTS4434 went where it should as well.
Sorry to have bothered you.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 09 Aug 2015, 6:52 pm

Hi Andy,
No problem, mate Smile
Just pleased you've got it sorted!!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down