Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woodhead V1.1 (2003)

Go down

Woodhead V1.1 (2003) Empty Woodhead V1.1 (2003)

Post  rufuskins Tue 05 Mar 2013, 10:44 pm

Route Name = Woodhead V1.1 (2003 version)

Woodhead V1.1 (2003) Wh_20010

Route Author = Steve Nicklin

Route Location = Trans Pennine between Manchester, Sheffield and Wath

Route Mileage = TBC

Route Era = 1960s

Route Source = from UKTS Downloading ( http://www.uktrainsim.com/ )

Additional files required to be installed = none

Route Description =
An MSTS Route that can be downloaded from UKTS. Activities and relevant stock can also be found on UKTS.

"This is a representation of the famous Woodhead Route running between Manchester, Sheffield and Wath. Set in the 1960's, the route is still intact and passenger services between Manchester Piccadilly (London Road) and Sheffield Victoria via Guide Bridge and Penistone are still running.

The main traffic on the route was the transportation of coal from Yorkshire to the North West, most originating at Wath-on-Dearne, pulled by EM1s as far as Mottram before a loco swap for onwards travel into Lancashire and Merseyside.

Electrified at 1500V DC, the line featured its own unique traction, comprising the EM1 Bo-Bo and EM2 Co-Co Locomotives and the 3 Car Suburban EMU's (the 506's).

Suitable models can be downloaded from ( http://www.uktrainsim.com/ ) along with Mk1 coaches and a selection of wagons.

This was not an unreasonable effort to recreate the route as it was, although there were some limitations and inconsistencies, but despite this it is an interesting route.”

A new version of this route has been created and uploaded to UKTS and will be the subject of a separate entry in the Route Directory. (I have included this version because it is a personal favourite of mine and gave me many enjoyable rides in my early MSTS days.)

Alec

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down