Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route

+8
slipperman12
gswindale
NiallGray
casperdog
Markh5682
Bob Latimer
rufuskins
35005CP
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route - Page 3 Empty Re: Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route

Post  dee4141 Fri 05 Feb 2016, 8:22 pm

Hi Andy, You can resize existing trees and bushes to provide smaller garden objects. Just copy an existing object and rename it, then resize in SFM. You will need to add this new object to your route Reference file.
dee4141
dee4141

Back to top Go down

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route - Page 3 Empty Re: Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route

Post  35005CP Fri 05 Feb 2016, 9:33 pm

dee4141 wrote:Hi Andy, You can resize existing trees and bushes to provide smaller garden objects. Just copy an existing object and rename it, then resize in SFM. You will need to add this new object to your route Reference file.

Hi Danny,

Apologies, but I probably haven't explained myself properly? My question is how do I use this texture and create it in TSM? I have pretty much done the Supermarket, but I need to create this model and texture it and I'm not sure how to go about it? How do I then go about using ACE IT? Do I just create a square block and then add the texture to the block or is it alot more complicated than that?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  dee4141 Fri 05 Feb 2016, 10:34 pm

Andy, if you just want to create a texture then load the pic into your Paint program.....select a square section of it and save it as a 256x256 or 512x512 .bmp....you can then use that .bmp to texture your model in TSM. Let TSM convert to .ace when creating the model.
dee4141
dee4141

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Wed 24 Feb 2016, 7:42 pm

Hi Danny and all,

I have gone back again today to have another go at texturing some greenery for a screenshot and although I have done the Texture File and created a square block to my texture onto it doesn't look quite right..... Any thoughts/ideas please from the experts out there?

I enclose a shot of in it in Sview marked in Red and also the texture file.....

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route - Page 3 Greene10

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route - Page 3 Greene11

I'd like to get this model finished before carrying on with any of my other buildings that I have half started! Any advice please from the experts out there.....

Thanks in advance.

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 24 Feb 2016, 8:01 pm

I'm obviously no expert but I wonder whether the foliage needs to be a series of "plates" of varying height each one textured with a row of plants, etc.

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  dee4141 Wed 24 Feb 2016, 8:24 pm

Hi Andy. If it was me I would just use an existing tree, bush or plant, rename them, and then resize them in SFM. Your texture looks OK but not on all sides and you have a rectangular block which doesn't look that realistic.
dee4141
dee4141

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Mon 21 Mar 2016, 10:42 pm

Wow, has it really been that long!!.... Well I am still working on the route, albeit at a snails pace and been spending a little bit of time working on Medstead & Four Marks Station.... Shocked

Waitrose at Alton I am still working towards and possibly incorporating the station if TSM allows me to.... This is going to be the tricky one because of the radius of the layout; so it will be trial and error - Probably more error! But, we shall see...

I have also been working on alternative field textures for the route and will have a look at footage for surveying before deciding on what Terrtex files to do and go with.... This is a steep and slow and painful learning curve for me; but I do aim in following this through! Whether this is up to normal "Muster" of other fabulous routes of to name a quite a few remains to be seen! I just hope the learning and hard works pays off!

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route - Page 3 M4m_st10

Anyway, if any of you thought I have given up! Then, well I haven't! I'm trying to get this route with the station and surroundings as close as I possibly can to the real thing and I hope my ole' colleagues at the Midhants will appreciate the final product as and when......

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 22 Mar 2016, 8:56 am

The work so far seems to pass "Muster" as far as I can see. All virtual modelling work starts off as trial and error with a touch of compromise, and with your route this seems to be working very well. I look forward to the end result but am more than happy to wait and see how it turns out. It does of course teach us that the proverbial "Rome wasn't built in a day!" is very much applicable to our hobby. Keep up the excellent work. OK OK OK

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:08 pm

Thanks Alec,

Today I had a job on (Double Whammy being a bank holiday) Very Happy

But, I have been continuing to work on the Medstead site and the buildings..... The footbridge is pretty much complete apart from some stands and some lighting. I have tried straightening a picture of Medstead and Four Marks Station building, but I feel this might have to be done from scratch unless anyone has a full frontal view as well as the rear and the sides of the building...?? Maybe Andy Moody can help with this one?
I am sill in need of some guidance/training on doing foliage etc....... So if Frank Carver and others can possibly help, it would be really much appreciated.

Anyway, here is the work done since the last post. I think it's coming on pretty well....

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route - Page 3 M4m10

Oh, and a Happy Easter to all!

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Tue 29 Mar 2016, 1:51 am

35005CP wrote:
this might have to be done from scratch unless anyone has a full frontal view as well as the rear and the sides of the building...?? Maybe Andy Moody can help with this one

Sorry Andy, I do have pictures taken at M4M when the track reached there from Ropley, The station building was semi derelict at that point.
I do not have any photos of the actual building but have "Googled" Medstead & FM and there are loads of pictures some of which may be of help?
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Tue 29 Mar 2016, 9:03 am

andrew moody wrote:
35005CP wrote:
this might have to be done from scratch unless anyone has a full frontal view as well as the rear and the sides of the building...?? Maybe Andy Moody can help with this one

Sorry Andy, I do have pictures taken at M4M when the track reached there from Ropley, The station building was semi derelict at that point.
I do not have any photos of the actual building but have "Googled" Medstead & FM and there are loads of pictures some of which may be of help?
Cheers
Andy  

Thanks Andy. I kind of guessed you were going to say that! I too have 'googled M4M's' and none show from my findings any straight head-on shots.

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Tue 29 Mar 2016, 5:47 pm

Hi all,

I am trying to trace a SR Bench like the one shown in this photo... I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining it, but pretty sure I saw one somewhere? Also does anyone know if there is any Southern Green Railway Fencing out there in the world of MSTS?

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route - Page 3 Benchq10#

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Mon 06 Jun 2016, 10:30 pm

Hi everyone,

Well not a lot has been done recently on the route as work has somewhat been manic! But, I have continued with a few bits this evening at Medstead & Four Marks.... Wow, hasn't the forum and the world of MSTS been quiet of late!..... Shocked
Anyway here is what I have been up to this evening... Just a couple of screenshots;

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route - Page 3 Medste10
Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route - Page 3 Medste11

Here is what I have started to do with the back of the station building texture wise as I haven't had a chance to pop down to my favourite railway and tick off all the missing pictures of buildings and the surroundings that I can find....

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route - Page 3 Medste12

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 06 Jun 2016, 11:17 pm

Always good to see updates.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Tue 07 Jun 2016, 12:25 am

Looking good Andy. OK

Building a route is a long slog, but it's worth it when you see the results. OK

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Wed 29 Jun 2016, 6:09 pm

Hi everyone,

Spent some time working towards finishing off and making some adjustments to Alton Signal Box this afternoon after coming back from work.

Here are the results;

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route - Page 3 Alton_10

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route - Page 3 Alton_11

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route - Page 3 Alton_12

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:22 pm

Coming along very nicely!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Tue 12 Jul 2016, 5:51 pm

I've had a pretty much free day, so I thought I would put my attention to the models on the Route that I am working on. Close to finishing off Alton Signal Box... Here it is;

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route - Page 3 Alton110

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route - Page 3 Alton210

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Tue 12 Jul 2016, 11:30 pm

Looking great Andy. OK

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3