Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cabview Problem

2 posters

Go down

Cabview Problem Empty Cabview Problem

Post  pgh60 Sun 17 Mar 2024, 12:16 pm

Hi when i am running the South East and the NWE routes in OR for some reason when i press Key1 the cabview does not show and at the bottom left hand corner it says cabview not available.Everything else runs fine,this as only just happened in the past few days.Can anyone help please regarding this problem.Thanks.Peter.

pgh60

Back to top Go down

Cabview Problem Empty Re: Cabview Problem

Post  slipperman12 Sun 17 Mar 2024, 1:44 pm

Hi Peter,
Very simply, there is no cabview for the loco you are running!!  Smile

Open the loco's folder in TRAINSET and check that there is a Cabview folder.
If so, open that folder and look for a .cvf file and make a note of its name (if there are more than one, note them all).  
Open the loco's .eng file and, towards the bottom, look for a line which starts 'Cabview ('.  The part which follows is the cabview file name - does it exactly  match one of those you noted from the Cabview folder?  If not, that's the reason you don't see the cabview.  

If the .eng file doesn't have a line starting 'Cabview (' then it's probably created as an AI engine only (ie for use traffic trains).

If this doesn't answer your problem, please tell us the loco's folder and file names and whether it is included in one of the routes or separately downloaded.  If the latter, please give the download file name.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pgh60 Sun 17 Mar 2024, 3:29 pm

Hi Ged thanks but before i start checking files what i cannot understand is i have had these routes in OR for ages and the locos i am running have always had cabviews up until recently. Thanks.Peter..

pgh60

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 17 Mar 2024, 3:39 pm

Hi Peter,
In that case, something must have changed in that installation since you last ran it. You still need to check the files!

Even though Open Rails is still in development, it's very unlikely that any modification would affect the use of cabviews, otherwise everybody would be complaining!!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pgh60 Mon 18 Mar 2024, 8:59 pm

Hi Ged, having thought about this i have managed to get all of my missing loco cabviews back,what i did was to copy my saved trains- trainset files of the route with the problem back into the MSTS Root folder and everything was back ok.Why they went missing in the first place i have no idea.Thanks again.Peter.

pgh60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down