Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My latest question

4 posters

Go down

My latest question Empty My latest question

Post  neanderthal Thu 26 May 2022, 9:14 am

On NWE 3 Act "Chlorine Tank Trip" I appear to have lost my  Cabbvew.Though to be fair I don't believe I have ever done this act before, so it may never have been there.
.My latest question Nwe11.... Does anyone know of where to Source it from please.. affraid

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

My latest question Empty Re: My latest question

Post  slipperman12 Thu 26 May 2022, 10:52 am

Hi Roger,
I remember this from a long time ago!!

I couldn't find it and had to substitute another Class 47 cabview. If you'd like details, please come back Smile

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

My latest question Empty Class 47 cabview.

Post  neanderthal Thu 26 May 2022, 11:27 am

Hello Ged, have you a hangover from your Celebrations lol!

Yes please a Cab view would be much appreciated, especially if its easy to fit. Thank you Roger

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  terrycunliffe Thu 26 May 2022, 11:33 am

Hi Roger,
This is puzzling..
The 47431 Large Loco Cabview in my copy (and I've checked the original stock download) is aliased in the .eng file to:-

CabView ( ../../common.cab/class47-1/class47c.cvf )

So I'm unsure to the version you're actually using, but try changing the appropriate line to the above.

As an aside, This activity was written for MSTS and relies on critical AI traffic timings, so it won't run properly in OR.

Cheers
T

terrycunliffe

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 26 May 2022, 1:22 pm

Hi Roger,
No, mate, my head is completely clear!  Although your problem isn't!!  
I agree with Terry - of course, my  NWE v3.0 has the same cabview allocated to 47431.

I DO remember the Class47 'dusk' cabview problem, but it obviously wasn't in connection with NWE.  I wondered if it was a relic from v2.2 (the CD version), but that loco isn't included.

You need to check that you have a folder named common.cab in TRAINSET; in that folder should be another folder named  Class47-1 and inside that folder, there should be a file named  class47c.cvf
If all that is present, replace the line :  Cabview ( Class47-dusk.cvf ) in the .eng file with the line Terry posted.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Thu 26 May 2022, 2:30 pm

Am I even looking in the right place
?My latest question Class_10
That is the question ?

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 26 May 2022, 3:03 pm

Hi Roger,
That's OK, mate!  The required cabview file is present.
Now, you need to open folder NWE_47431_Large_logo (in TRAINSET) in which you'll find file :  47431_Large_logo.eng

Open this file in a text editor like NotePad or ConText and scroll down until you find the 'Cabview' line; change this line as I showed in my last message.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Fri 27 May 2022, 10:08 am

Many thanks both,I changed the file as instructed and now have a proper Cab.
I have NWE 2.2 (?) on disc, which I found doesn't work very well on Open Rails (but fabulous on MSTS) so not being able to get MSTS working on Win 10 I now run everything through OR.
NWE v3 seems quite happy to run in OR, though as Terry said this Act  "Chlorine Tank Trip" only works Perfectly for about 40 minutes, before it seems to lose its Path after you run around the Tanks.
But now I have a Cab to drive from I'm quite happy to spend 40 minutes as it now ends in a Loop,so still enjoyable.. Very Happy Very Happy

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 27 May 2022, 10:40 am

Hi Roger,
Great that you're happy now with 47431!!

Sorry to hear that you can't get MSTS to work in Win 10.  Maybe we could discuss the problems you're having because  I've been running it successfully ever since Win 10 came out!  There are only very few "conditions" and most of those also applied to Win 7.

Caveat :  If you're using a UHD monitor, sorry, but I won't be able to help, although I understand there are work-arounds.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Fri 27 May 2022, 11:07 am

Hi Roger, Ged, Terry and hopefully others,

Back in about 2014/5 I created ( with Kenji Kimura's permission ) night and dusk versions of all his cab views. The Dusk version is somewhere in between the day and night versions for use in any poor light conditions. The Dusk version has to be manually inserted into the .eng file and aliased through the CabView Folder into the Common.cab Folder.

These were all uploaded to UKTS and TSSH.

The one cab view I have NEVER created is Class47-1. This Class47 was created by Howard Payton and is one that is most commonly used. My preference is the Class47 Falcon and that one I have modified BUT ONLY FOR MY PERSONAL USE. All my activities never specify which cab view to use - it is expected that the user will either use the default one or one of their choice. The same goes for sounds.

All my later activities are designed for Open Rails as are any future ones.

Whilst I may not have solved the origin of the Cabview ( Class47-dusk.cvf ) I hope that I have clarified the origin of the Dusk versions for some other cab views.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 27 May 2022, 1:35 pm

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for the clarification Smile

However, it's left me with a 'niggle'!  I certainly remember not being able to find the Class 47 'dusk' cabview which was specified for a loco.  The puzzle is, why does Roger's 47 specify it when  the loco he's using is part of the NWE3 download and doesn't use that cabview?!!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

My latest question Empty MSTS

Post  neanderthal Fri 27 May 2022, 7:10 pm

Thank you very much for that very kind offer, but I'm sure you would be wasting your time. I have never understood downloading, often having trouble with anything I get from UKTS, putting things in the wrong place etc, etc..

As set up at the moment I have 27 Routes that run (mostly), and 5 Mini Routes.

My Son came over when I bought this PC, some 2 years ago and we ( I think) followed the Steam 4 Me instructions as to how to D/L MSTS, and even he gave up on it.
So you can see the thought of re downloading all those Routes puts me off trying..... Still once again Thank you very much for the offer....Roger

P/S MSTS never worked very well (for me anyway) on win 7. As I remember it you had to make saves literally every time you left a station to ensure you got to the next.. lol!

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down