Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contacting Steam

2 posters

Go down

Contacting Steam Empty Contacting Steam

Post  pcohen Thu 25 Jan 2024, 11:14 am

Hi everybody, In a pickle again.

I cannot login to Steam, being told Login details are incorrect.

Am being told to try again later, but each time I try again later am being told details are Incorrect try again later.

This has been going on for a good few Days now. I only want to download games I already have.

Hope this makes sense?

Thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Contacting Steam Empty Re: Contacting Steam

Post  slipperman12 Thu 25 Jan 2024, 3:30 pm

Hi Paul,
First of all, to check that Steam was working OK, I logged in, even though I haven't done so for several years!  My username and password had been retained on my PC and I was successfully logged in.

So, the second thing is, assumimg your PC hasn't stored your details, have you remembered your details correctly?
Haven't you recently had a new PC? Maybe you never used it to access Steam before? If so, then it probably wouldn't have your username and password.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Thu 25 Jan 2024, 6:22 pm

Hi Ged,  thanks for reply.

appreciate what your saying about a new computer,  although this is my Laptop using the same Windows 10 OS

I have only recently re-joined  Steam after many years like yourself.

I have recently used Steam on this Laptop and am most disappointed that I cannot re-access Steam to login as
 I am being told to retry later and every time I try much later or Indeed on a different Day still told to try again later.

Don't know how to get around this Issue?

Thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 25 Jan 2024, 6:39 pm

Hi Paul,
You say that you "recently rejoined Steam". Does that mean that you closed your previous account?  If so, I think you would have 'lost' all the games you originally purchased.
If that's not so, are you using the log-in details saved by your PC, or are you entering them yourself?  If the latter, maybe you've mis-remembered them - it's very easy to do!

If you've not changed your email address since you originally registered with Steam and there's a 'lost password' option when logging in, have you tried using that?

I did not 'rejoin' Steam, but just logged in again.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Fri 26 Jan 2024, 10:19 am

Hi Ged.

Have managed to contact Steam finally, waiting for a reply.

Thanks

Paul..

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down