Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steam for Me website

4 posters

Go down

Steam for Me website Empty Steam for Me website

Post  Jonathan David Fri 15 Mar 2024, 4:35 pm

The site has been down for the last couple of days. I thought it was safe for a couple of years.
Does anyone know anything?
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Steam for Me website Empty Re: Steam for Me website

Post  slipperman12 Fri 15 Mar 2024, 6:30 pm

Hi Jonathan,
Sorry, mate, but it's gone!!

Its contents can still be accessed using the Wayback Machine  (https://archive.org/web/) - its correct address is  https://msts.steam4me.net/  I used a 2022 capture.

The tutorials can still be read but I'm not sure if any of the stock downloads can be obtained.

Probably the most important tutorial is that for installing MSTS into Windows 10.  MOST of the programs referred to in that tutorial are available from the links published..  
The following are NOT available :
(a) santucci_soundcfg.zip (improvements to sound system) - available from trainsim.com as file ID 81495  or using the zip file name shown.
(b) MSTS Bin Patch - v1.8.052113en is available from trainsim.com, file ID 86097 or using file name :  mstspatch1_8_052113en.zip
(c) ScaleRails - the several files comprising this system are available from the trainsim.com file library.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  eolesen Fri 15 Mar 2024, 7:57 pm

eolesen

Cityrail-Rulez likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Fri 15 Mar 2024, 8:00 pm

Some time ago I downloaded almost all the tutorials and converted them to PDFs. I'm not sure how permissible it is to share them, but it seems a pity if they remain on my computer and no one else can see them. I can't find installing MSTS on Windows 10 among my collection. Somewhere I have instructions for installing on Windows 7.

Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Sat 16 Mar 2024, 9:42 am

Thanks. If I had been a bit more on the ball I would have seen the previous correspondence on this site.
I was thinking mainly about the very useful tutorials.
It is good that people have saved so much.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  eolesen Sat 16 Mar 2024, 10:31 pm

Some of the same tutorials are also on Trainsim as Yuri and others shared them on multiple sites in the early days. Likewise with Bin and Route Riter.

eolesen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down