Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading Michael Vone's Activity Guide?

3 posters

Go down

Reading Michael Vone's Activity Guide? Empty Reading Michael Vone's Activity Guide?

Post  rufuskins Thu 16 Nov 2023, 9:18 am

Delving deep into my backed up data I re-discovered my electronic edition of the above. However it appears that it will only open with Adobe PDF reader!
I don't have this in my Windows 7 computer, and it appears that the current version from Adobe is for 10 and 11! I tried downloading this but even though it says it had downloaded and installed nothing is available?
I currently have Javelin PDF Reader - because it was free - but when opening the Guide using this nothing happens!
Is there anybody out there who can point me to where I can get something to read the Guide?
Here's hoping, Alec

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Reading Michael Vone's Activity Guide? Empty Re: Reading Michael Vone's Activity Guide?

Post  rufuskins Thu 16 Nov 2023, 9:32 am

I am a dunce!
It never occurred to me to check that you couldn't download other versions of Adobe Reader, and in particular Windows 7!
I have now discovered and installed Adobe Reader, and lo and behold the Guide can be read!
Greetings from a very red faced Alec!

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Reading Michael Vone's Activity Guide? Empty Re: Reading Michael Vone's Activity Guide?

Post  slipperman12 Thu 16 Nov 2023, 10:35 am

Hi Alec,
No problem!!  But did you know that Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers can also read and display .pdf files?

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  terrycunliffe Thu 16 Nov 2023, 2:00 pm

I actually prefer the free Foxit reader above Acrobat. More functions and I find the user interface easier.
https://www.foxit.com/pdf-reader/
T

terrycunliffe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down