Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SVR Activity Stuck - An Evening With Western Ranger

2 posters

Go down

SVR Activity Stuck - An Evening With Western Ranger Empty SVR Activity Stuck - An Evening With Western Ranger

Post  R3DWolf91 Tue 14 Nov 2023, 3:57 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm getting stuck on the activity for Severn Valley Railway, "An Evening With Western Ranger".

At the start of the activity your train is sitting at the platform at Bridgnorth waiting for a northbound steam service to clear the line... except it never does, it just stops short of the viaduct south of the station area and sits there.

I've tried unchecking the setting to set red signals for station stops to no avail. Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you!
Jesse
R3DWolf91
R3DWolf91

Back to top Go down

SVR Activity Stuck - An Evening With Western Ranger Empty Re: SVR Activity Stuck - An Evening With Western Ranger

Post  slipperman12 Tue 14 Nov 2023, 6:22 pm

Hi Jesse,
I think that is one of those MSTS activities which doesn't run correctly in Open Rails, but it's quite easy to correct!

There are two options :
1. Remove the complete "Evening with Ranger Up 1" service entry from the .act file.
2. Probably better is to change the start time of the "Evening with Ranger Up 1" service from 72600 to 72570 (ie making the start time 30 seconds earlier)

The cause of the problem is that the "Evening with Ranger Up 1" service starts at exactly the same time as the Player service.  Open Rails, obviously, starts the Player first and doesn't 'know' about the AI service at that time.  By setting its start time to 30 seconds earlier, it gets processed first so when the Player service is processed, it DOES know about the AI service!

I have tested the above - and it does work correctly, but you need to wait for the ground signal to clear!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

SVR Activity Stuck - An Evening With Western Ranger Empty Re: SVR Activity Stuck - An Evening With Western Ranger

Post  R3DWolf91 Tue 14 Nov 2023, 10:02 pm

Changing the AI start time worked like a charm! Thanks again Ged!
R3DWolf91
R3DWolf91

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down