Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pensylvania Rail Road

3 posters

Go down

Pensylvania Rail Road Empty Pensylvania Rail Road

Post  neanderthal Tue 15 Aug 2023, 7:40 pm

I'm just wondering if anyone on this site is running PRR v2.
I'm having a problem with the Act "Pittsburg Express Pt 2".
Pensylvania Rail Road Prr_en11
So I'm wondering whether anyone has managed to actually "Tweak" the Eng, as when you start of on the trip you'll find the top speed of the Train is 38 mph.
I note he states  it's a  "Work in Progress", but this is not a new D?L, hence the question.
I've looked over on Train Sim.Com, but there doesn't appear to be any "Patch" or whatever.
Any advice gratefully received ,TIA  Roger

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Pensylvania Rail Road Empty Re: Pensylvania Rail Road

Post  Jonathan David Tue 15 Aug 2023, 8:11 pm

Not very helpful as a suggestion without some idea of what to tweak.
The maximum speed of the locos as defined in the .eng files is not the problem. All I can think of is to increase the power output, though I am nervous about doing that as don't know what the knock-on effects would be.
But presumably the speed you reach is set by the load you are hauling so it must be an issue regarding the power rating of the locos.
The only other thing I can think of is dragging brakes. Do these locos have loco brakes as well as train brakes. and if so are they fully off?
The PRR route is very nice though the routes of the lines around Philadelphia are rather difficult to grasp. When I used the "explore route" option I several times found myself crossing the river unexpectedly.
What is amusing, for me anyway, is the number of Welsh place names just to the west of the city, a result of many people from Wales going out there to set up the iron industry.
Jonathan (from mid Wales)

Jonathan David

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 15 Aug 2023, 9:57 pm

Hi,
Jonathan is correct in that the maximum speed of a loco is a parameter in the .eng file, but so it is for most vehicles.
Of more importance in Open Rails, is the MaxVelocity entry in the consist file.

However, the locos for that activity (TA_E7_PRR5717 & TA_E7b_PRR5717) show 98mph as their maximum speed, as does the consist (43.80992m/s = 98mph), so it could be that some brakes have not been fully released.
Have you tried initialising the brakes - use (Shift+/) ?  

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Tue 15 Aug 2023, 10:10 pm

Hello Jonathan, yep there's plenty of Welsh names, the one I like most is CRUM LYNNE, presumably meaning CRUMLIN in Gwent (or someone had been on the Felinfoel.)
Hello  Ged, Yes I have initialised the Brakes,I think Vince did the Route but am not sure , but whoever did has said about tweaking the eng files, I was more in the line of saying I couldn't find anything further about it on TrainSim.

Thank you both, and it's not a bad route, in fact its one Yankee route where you don't die of boredom doing miles and miles without seeing anything (Well I quite like it anyway) Roger. Very Happy

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 15 Aug 2023, 11:09 pm

Hi Roger,
I'd forgotten that I'd installed that route - I'd never run it!!

I ran the "Pittsburg Express Pt 2" activity and was able to get to 80mph just after passing the 45mph limit sign!!

The only thing I can think of is - after you'd coupled to the coaches in the platform, did you press the # key to connect the brake hoses?

I don't recall making any changes to any stock files - it appears that I installed it on 10 August 2022!!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Wed 16 Aug 2023, 8:59 am

Aha, thats why G stands for Ged and Genius, whereas N stands for Neanderthal and Nit Wit.

I have just printed off a list of all the Controls,  (Keyboard for Open Rails) and the answer is that, that was indeed the problem,No Excuses for not reading the instructions.
Did we have to do that on MSTS,I'm not sure but I had for sure run this ACT back then. (Makes me wonder how many Acts I've deleted as I couldn't move off after coupling.)

Maybe it's time to see if any of my Routes (very few ) that I did have backed up still work,especially in OR.But I haven't used them or missed them really as they were mainly American Long Haul Freight.
So,as you can gather this  one now works, Thank you very much.....Roger BrickWall Embarassed Embarassed

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 16 Aug 2023, 9:21 am

Hi Roger,
No, mate, MSTS doesn't have any option to connect/disconnect the brake hoses!!  I don't think it even knows about them Smile

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down