Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Devons Road Quad Pack

3 posters

Go down

Devons Road Quad Pack Empty Devons Road Quad Pack

Post  Bronzino Tue 11 Oct 2022, 1:53 pm

Afternoon all, re the above Class 20 pack which I think is excellent well done Harry.  I have been unable to get any of the locos to run cab first any ideas out there please. ( I have placed this query on TSSH still getting the unsafe warning on UKTS.
Thanks Ken Harland

Bronzino

Back to top Go down

Devons Road Quad Pack Empty Re: Devons Road Quad Pack

Post  slipperman12 Tue 11 Oct 2022, 4:46 pm

Hi Ken,
The readme in that pack is very confusing, giving loco numbers which don't exist in the pack!
Also, none of the locos allow the use of a  cab-first cabview, which can't be right because that was the way they usually ran!!

All the models have been built with the nose forwards so the only way to get them to run cab-first is to include a cab-first cabview so that when selecting change of direction ('1' in MSTS or 'Ctrl+E' in Open Rails) the view is correct.

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : To be able to run in either direction you need to change the .eng files to use a different cabview - use UKTS_33865_20cabv2. If you're not sure how to do it, please come back Smile

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Bronzino Tue 11 Oct 2022, 10:54 pm

Thanks Ged for the info I have taken to using the yellow end D8056 for the front loco and one of the quad pack for the rear loco however still unable to change loco cabs so I guess its looking back from the cab of 8056 when coupling up; which from my experience way back in time I noted many drivers did not always change ends as in modern times.
Stay well regards KenH.

Bronzino

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 11 Oct 2022, 11:05 pm

Hi Ken,
OK, mate Smile I take it you're happy with the way you've got it running now, so will leave things as they are.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Welwyn22 Sun 23 Oct 2022, 6:13 am

I do apologize, I only just saw this.

I didn't change anything regarding the locomotive cab arrangements, they're exactly the same as D8050 and D8056 (the former was the only model I used in these repaints, though I used D8056 for the alternate numbers). To change the cab direction, you need to use the arrow keys - pressing the right arrow key will change the cab to the two 'front' windows, but the controls are non-animated.

I did notice that the cab-rear model is the only one driveable for some reason, with the front cab model being configured as an AI. I spent a few minutes to look into this just now, but couldn't find anything in the ENG file regarding the model being player-drivable or not. I've only ever used them as AI traffic.

According to the original readme, D8056 was set as a 'master' and D8050 as a 'slave' - which may be the source of the problem. As I mentioned, I only used D8050's shape and files, using only the numbers from D8056's texture file to create the other units.

I am slowly working on fixing these issues by aliasing the models to the cabview mentioned above, set up as a common cab. Then I'll get around to doing the sounds too. I'm also setting up each unit with two shape files - one for Front Cab and the other in reverse. It's slow going but I'm getting there.

Welwyn22

https://www.youtube.com/welwyn22

Back to top Go down

Post  Welwyn22 Thu 10 Nov 2022, 1:39 am

V2 is now uploaded. I believe I have solved all the issues, but if anyone does have any problems feel free to reply here or send me a PM.

UKTS File ID 40789
See also ID 40790!

Welwyn22

Back to top Go down

Devons Road Quad Pack Empty ENG File Updates

Post  Welwyn22 Fri 11 Nov 2022, 9:28 pm

UPDATE: It was brought to my attention that the in-cab sounds were not working for the Cab-First models of these units. I have now amended the ENG files to fix this.
Furthermore the lights were not functioning properly either. This issue has now been fixed.
The names have also been shortened and modified to allow easier finding for explore-mode - "Cab Rear (Unit Number)" and "EE Type 1 (Unit Number).

I have also added an email contact in case of any additional issues I may have overlooked.

Welwyn22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down