Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ged's Excellent DIY Mini Routes Util.

2 posters

Go down

Ged's Excellent DIY Mini Routes Util. Empty Ged's Excellent DIY Mini Routes Util.

Post  IsambardKingdomBrunel Sat 01 Jul 2023, 12:08 pm

Sorry boys, another problem that is probably very simple to understand.

I am trying to use Ged's mini route util.

I have MSTS installed but only as a file source.

I would like to install a route to MSTS, but then create a mini route to be used solely with OR.

But i cannot get my head around which option to choose, to facilitate the procedure.

I have read the help info, but with no success.

Regards,
Mike.
IsambardKingdomBrunel
IsambardKingdomBrunel

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Ged's Excellent DIY Mini Routes Util. Empty Re: Ged's Excellent DIY Mini Routes Util.

Post  slipperman12 Sat 01 Jul 2023, 2:12 pm

Hi Mike,
Sorry if something is not clear.  It's such a long time since I made that suite that I had to go back and read the instructions!!

Initially, forget about Open Rails and create a 'normal' MSTS mini-route, in a temporary folder, if required.

When the route is fully installed, including  copying any required default files from the base MSTS installation, a folder for Open Rails should be created and the GLOBAL, ROUTES, SOUND and TRAINS folders copied from the temporary folder into it. If everything works OK in OR, the temporary folder may be deleted.

If  I've not covered your query, please come back with more details.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

IsambardKingdomBrunel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Ged's Excellent DIY Mini Routes Util. Empty Re: Ged's Excellent DIY Mini Routes Util.

Post  IsambardKingdomBrunel Sat 01 Jul 2023, 3:40 pm

Hi Ged,

does the util copy all the necessary files from my main MSTS install to create a mini route.

As in if the route needs UKFS, NewRoads etc, will it copy all those files from the main MSTS folders, into the mini route i am trying to create.

Or maybe, i should just install any routes i want to run in OR into MSTS and just point OR at them in the main install.

No need for any apologies Ged, thank you. I take quite a bit of medication for anxiety and related illness.

So things are not as easy to grasp, as they should be.

Thanks very much for taking the time to help.

Regards,
Mike.
IsambardKingdomBrunel
IsambardKingdomBrunel

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 01 Jul 2023, 5:06 pm

Hi Mike,
No sir, it will not copy the likes of UKFS and New Roads because not all installations contain those add-ons. If they are required, they need to be added into the new installation.

The only files copied by the utility, besides those required for MSTS to run, are the Cabviews and Sounds of the default locos, together with the full Class 50 loco and its light-engine consist.

If the route contains a batch file to copy specific files from default routes, it must be run using MSTS_RunRouteBatch.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

IsambardKingdomBrunel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  IsambardKingdomBrunel Sat 01 Jul 2023, 8:54 pm

Hi Ged,

many thanks for the further explanation. I will just install into MSTS then and point OR to that location.

My fault i misunderstood, what your program was designed to do.

Nothing unusual with me Ged Laughing

Thank you again for your assistance.

Regards,
Mike.
IsambardKingdomBrunel
IsambardKingdomBrunel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down