Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer of files to new TSSHFH server

3 posters

Go down

Transfer of files to new TSSHFH server Empty Transfer of files to new TSSHFH server

Post  j3801 Tue 14 Mar 2023, 10:57 am

Hello to one and all,

Firstly, I just want to assure everyone that this is NOT a major issue, or that things aren’t going well, there is no need to panic.

Now that I have gotten that out of the way, I would like to announce some GOOD news:
I have set up an entirely separate Dropbox account for the hosting of the files on the TSSHFH site.

So, what does this mean?
This now means that those of us whom create things for MSTS/OR now have a dedicated file hosting server that can be shared between us.

But what if I just want to download the files?
That is what the TSSH File Hosting (TSSHFH) website is for, there is no need to crawl through folders and files to find what you want/need, you can just look at the pictures and file names/details on TSSHFH and download from there. This will not change.

When will this new server start?
Some of the files are already “active” on TSSHFH. From (hopefully) the 7th of April 2023 I will be on annual leave from my day job, until the 3rd of May 2023, during this period I will swap the links over to the new Dropbox account for the remaining files. All the currently hosted files are already in the new account, as well as the files that are still waiting for me to get them “uploaded” to the site. It will be a matter of me taking a few hours to re-link all the files over. There will be no interruptions to the hosting as I still have the files in my personal Dropbox, and they will be there until everything is changed over.

Why the sudden change?
It is something that I have been considering for quite some time to be honest. The closure notice from UKTS and a recent mental health “spiral” has made me think about safeguarding the future of these files for everyone, by essentially removing the “only one person in charge, one person has access to the controls” locks for the future. IF there is any reason that I cannot continue things in the future, I can hand everything over to a successor without needing to “unlock” a whole bunch of things, just the costs of the Dropbox hosting. This way, all I need to do is pass on login details to the future controller and they can keep things going.

At this point I do wish to stress that for the foreseeable future, I AIN’T GOING NOWHERE. This is for when I’m more than twice the age that I am now, or if I am incapacitated in some way.

Side note: one of my mental health issues is that I have a tendency to over plan and overthink thing to a crazy degree, however one of my previous psychologists advised and guided me to use this issue to my advantage. Because I am very good at planning things for oddball outcomes, a lot of my “work” related plans rarely fail (personal plans are more hit and miss) as I can usually see the vast majority of outcomes for various situations, I can put in place workable plans so that things can keep going and various goals can still be achieved, even if things are going south.

So for all of us out there who are still creating things for MSTS, either PM me or shoot me an email and I will fill you in on how to access the Dropbox account. For everyone else, happy downloading!

Regards,
Justin

Last edited by j3801 on Sun 09 Apr 2023, 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Transfer of files to new TSSHFH server Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

slipperman12, neanderthal, Jonathan David, mrmosky and cgood124 like this post

Back to top Go down

Transfer of files to new TSSHFH server Empty Re: Transfer of files to new TSSHFH server

Post  j3801 Fri 07 Apr 2023, 8:35 am

Hello Everyone,

I have surprised myself and managed to get the "server" change done in one day.
I do apologize if there was any hiccups of files suddenly not being available and then coming back, a few minor Human glitches along the way were the cause.
Everything SHOULD be ok now.

Please feel free to contact me if there are any issues.

Regards,
Justin

j3801
j3801
Admin

Markh5682 and neanderthal like this post

Back to top Go down

Transfer of files to new TSSHFH server Empty Re: Transfer of files to new TSSHFH server

Post  Scampispeedway Fri 07 Apr 2023, 11:09 am

Hi Justin, the link to like a post is not working on my browser, I'm using an early version of Google on Win 7 computer,
just tried again using Firefox with the same negative result.

Bob
Scampispeedway
Scampispeedway

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 Mon 10 Apr 2023, 1:16 pm

Hi Bob,

I am not sure what is going on there. It may be because you are using Windows 7 and certain features may not work on the older OS.
I don't know for sure, I am just guessing, as I have not messed with the forums setting in years....

Justin

j3801
j3801
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scampispeedway Tue 11 Apr 2023, 5:42 pm

Hi Justin, thanks for your reply and that could be the reason, I don't like the modern O.S. as I've no use for
all the social sites and so see the need to have them installed.

Bob
Scampispeedway
Scampispeedway

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 11 Apr 2023, 10:08 pm

Hi Bob,
Windows 10 doesn't have any 'Social' sites installed!! Although Microsoft stopped selling it in January, it can still be obtained from the likes of Amazon - and there are much cheaper ways to get it!

As far as MSTS is concerned, its requirements are very similar to those when using Win 7.

Although I've still got Win 7 installed, I haven't touched it for at least a couple of years!!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down