Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revisions to my LNWR Carriage Packs

2 posters

Go down

Revisions to my LNWR Carriage Packs Empty Revisions to my LNWR Carriage Packs

Post  rufuskins Mon 20 Feb 2023, 9:07 am

I have now started revising my LNWR carriage packs in order to adjust the reference to the sounds.

The 28ft, 30ft and 30ft 1in packs still require Stuart Williamson's SWB Wagon Sounds, but following the closure of UKTS in August 2023, they can now be accessed for download from steam4me :

https://msts.steam4me.net/sounds/index.html

The sounds for the bogie carriages, following the closure of UKTS in August 2023, have been amended to use the following bogie coach sounds NSW Bogie Passenger Carriage Sounds - v2.1 by Don Martin and they can be accessed for download from :

http://coalstonewcastle.com.au/stock/sound/downloads/

You will only have to download and install this carriage sound set ONCE by following the installation instructions included with the soundset file. These sounds will install into the common.sound SOUND folder under \TRAINS\TRAINSET of MSTS.

When correctly installed in the \common.sound\ ctn-passenger-bogie folder under\TRAINS\TRAINSET, these carriages will automatically link in to the \common.sound\ ctn-passenger-bogie folder and will play the correct carriage sounds when the carriages run in the simulator. (The trade-off by using these NSW carriage sounds is the loss of the typical UK carriage door slam sounds.) The 4w bogie carriages will use "../../common.sound/ctn-passenger-bogie/ctn-passenger-bogie.sms".

In addition those consists included with the carriage packs will all be amended to use the locomotives from Brian Bere-Streeter's engine packs, namely "LNW-Passenger-Engines" and "LNW-Passenger-Tanks", which are available on TSSH.

There are a total of 28 packs to visit, so it will be several weeks before they are uploaded to TSSH. Now that's somewhat disconcerting as there are currently only 21 packs on TSSH!!!!!!

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Revisions to my LNWR Carriage Packs Empty Re: Revisions to my LNWR Carriage Packs

Post  rufuskins Tue 28 Feb 2023, 7:19 am

After a further review of my LNWR carriage packs, several points have arisen.

1. Many of the original uploaded packs included both CHAIN and AUTOMATIC coupling versions, whilst some only included CHAIN coupling. I am therefore considering deleting all AUTOMATIC versions. This would also mean amending some of the included consists.

2. With respect to the proposed changes to the consists, where use is made of current LNWR locomotives on TSSH, I understand that these are based on use in Open Rails and therefore may not work in MSTS?

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Revisions to my LNWR Carriage Packs Empty Re: Revisions to my LNWR Carriage Packs

Post  tonya37 Fri 01 Dec 2023, 12:58 am

Hi Alec

I've just downloaded your replacement LNWR coaching stock to replace the stock I have to run on Shortnorth's routes - thank you for what has obviously been an enormous amount of painstaking work.

I was wondering if we might expect an internal view of the typist's compartment, complete with animated typist (or typiste as it would be in those days)? Very Happy  (Just joking)

Seriously, there must be some history to a typists compartment, I'd be interested to hear about it if you'd like to relate it to us.

I have really enjoyed running your coaches.

Regards

Tony

tonya37

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 02 Dec 2023, 2:48 pm

Hi Tony
Since I produced this particular coach - BCK Diagram 215 - I have sold much of my reference material (books), and hence can't answer the query with respect to the provision of a typist's compartment. I imagine it was considered a useful coach for business travel?
Sorry I can't be more helpful!
Alec

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down