Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MID EAST COAST

+2
neanderthal
slipperman12
6 posters

Go down

MID EAST COAST Empty MID EAST COAST

Post  Bronzino Sat 18 Feb 2023, 12:32 am

Hi all, I know that the focus at the moment is the closure of UKTS however as an aside I am wondering if any of you MSTS/OR geniuses out there have drove along Mick Clarkes excellent MidEastCoast route; I have been trying unsuccessfully to drive Eric Hollingsworths The Way We Were (a great activity for MideastPlus) however it will not load on the Coast version to which I think it is better suited given the steam infrastructure that has been added by Mick; I suspect  that moving of the junctions around Hitchin have something to do with it. Is there a solution to be had. Thanks KenH
PS. other activities which do not use the east coast mainline between Peterborough and WGC same to work perfectly.

Bronzino

Back to top Go down

MID EAST COAST Empty Re: MID EAST COAST

Post  slipperman12 Sat 18 Feb 2023, 11:08 am

Hi Ken,
Although MidEastCoast may be an extension of MidEastPlus, I think you're very lucky to be able to get any activities designed for MidEastPlus to run in MidEastCoast!!

As usual, I stand to be corrected on that Smile

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Sat 18 Feb 2023, 1:01 pm

I seem to remember (Mick Clark ?) someone writing on here before that acts were not likely to transfer from the one to the other,but I could be wrong !

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

MID EAST COAST Empty SOME WORK

Post  Bronzino Sat 18 Feb 2023, 3:10 pm

Hi all, I have taken the opportunity to run  "The Jolly Fisherman" and " Its So Bracing" Grantham to Skeggy and back they both performed faultlessly. I guess its going to be a matter of trial and error with the other acts however I can say that any acts south of Peterborough and Cambridge passing through Hitchin will not load OR shows error; though strangely no errors on acts between KX and WGC,Hertford etc. many thanks to Mick for the route it brings back memories of driving over it in the 70s and  Eric if you view these posts may I say a big thank you for your hard work no matter which route you have created an act for they are mighty impressive; keep up the good work. Regards Ken H

Bronzino

Back to top Go down

Post  Tary5 Sat 18 Feb 2023, 5:26 pm

Hi Both

I am not familier with either of these two routes despite them both being on my system. So a quick look to see how the activity "The Way We Were"
performed in Mid East Coast initially showed the error message "Wrong Route". I changed the Activity file RouteID ( MidEastPlus ) to RouteID ( MidEastCoast to see what happened and got the following error messsages in the OR Log:-

Warning: Cannot find main track for node 98 in path G:\1 Sim Files\5 MR\Open Rails-MidEast Coast\ROUTES\MidEastCoast\PATHS\WAL_LKC_DR BR A4 60004 Player.PAT

Warning: Cannot find main track for node 126 in path G:\1 Sim Files\5 MR\Open Rails-MidEast Coast\ROUTES\MidEastCoast\PATHS\WAL_LKC_DR BR A4 60004 Player.PAT

Warning: Invalid path G:\1 Sim Files\5 MR\Open Rails-MidEast Coast\ROUTES\MidEastCoast\PATHS\WAL_LKC_DR BR A4 60004 Player.PAT for AI train : WAL_LKC_DR BR A4 60004 Player ; train not started

It looks as though there would be serious pathing issues trying to adapt this activity to run in MidEastCoast. I guess a new activity based on the original one could be created for MidEastCoast but quite a lot of work involved.

Cheers for now

Terry W.

Tary5

Bronzino likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Latimer Sun 19 Feb 2023, 8:06 pm

What is the exact name of the activity? On UKTS I can find "WAL - How We Were" but not "The Way We Were".

If I can get to the correct activity it may be possible to get it to work in MEC by fixing the paths that are broken - something I have some experience in doing.

Bob.

Bob Latimer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bronzino Sun 19 Feb 2023, 11:13 pm

Hi Bob, Apologies for my description of this act, you are correct of course it is ; WAL - How We Were [276148 bytes] - WAL - How We Were.zip
File ID: 32677 Date: 03 Apr 2014 - 188 Downloads. It is one Erics many excellent steam based activities that take me back to my youth. May I also say that your activities for NWE route are top class thank you. Best regards KenH

Bronzino

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Latimer Sun 19 Feb 2023, 11:26 pm

Hi Ken.

I assumed that was the activity you were meaning so I ported it over to MEC and fixed the player path (which was the only one that was broken).

If you PM me with your email address, I'll send you the modified activity so that you can test it. If it works okay I'll ask Eric whether I can upload it for more general use.

Bob.

Bob Latimer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Latimer Fri 24 Feb 2023, 9:48 am

I have modified the original activity to run on the Mid-East Coast route and the modified version is attached (with the original MEP version included in the zip).

Thanks to Ken for testing it and a big thanks to Eric, the author of the original activity for giving me permission to upload it.

Bob.

Bob Latimer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Latimer Fri 24 Feb 2023, 9:50 am

Well, I thought I had attached it but it doesn't seem to be there. Any idea what I did wrong?

Bob Latimer

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 Sat 25 Feb 2023, 3:06 am

Hi guys,

For some silly reason, the forum thinks that the file is to big, so I have popped the giant 312Kb file into my Dropbox.

The link is below:

WAL - How We Were for Mid-East Coast

I am currently at work (it's gone quite for a few minutes) so I will set up a page for Bob on TSSHFH either tonight when I get home or tomorrow, as I have a few more things to put up on the site.

Justin

MID EAST COAST Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Latimer Sat 25 Feb 2023, 3:09 am

Thanks Justin.

Bob Latimer

Back to top Go down