Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

will it work

3 posters

Go down

will it work Empty will it work

Post  neanderthal Wed 08 Feb 2023, 11:47 am

As I'm having problems (nothing unusual for me you might say), I'm just wondering do I get a new PC now , or wait. And will MSTS / OR even run  on Windows 11 (its fresh on the scene), or wait as  Microsoft is apparently planning to release Windows 12 in 2024. The company has also allegedly cancelled its next big Windows update, known as Sun Valley 3, in an effort to prepare for its next big operating system release. floging a dead horse floging a dead horse floging a dead horse

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

will it work Empty Re: will it work

Post  slipperman12 Wed 08 Feb 2023, 2:36 pm

Hi Roger,
There's no reason why Open Rails shouldn't work in Windows 11 and, as far as I know, some users are running MSTS in that OS, although I have no personal experience.

Microsoft has said that support for Windows 10.will continue until October 2025 but hasn't given an 'end-date' for Windows 11.

As Windows advances, there's a real danger that a version will be released which won't run MSTS, any which way!!  Therefore, if you can get confirmation that Windows 11 DOES run MSTS as well as Win 10 then I'd be inclined to go with it and not wait to step into the unknown!!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 Thu 09 Feb 2023, 10:18 am

Hi Roger,

If it's any help, my main computer runs on Windows 11 and I'd say that MSTS runs better under 11 than it did 10.
Admittedly, mine is a high spec machine from 2018, but it runs MSTS sweetly.
With the fact that my computer is set up for 3D modelling and Graphics design as well as a bit of gaming, you know it's going to be worked hard.

OR has no problems either.

Justin

will it work Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content