Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issues on my end.

2 posters

Go down

Issues on my end.  Empty Issues on my end.

Post  SD40-2 Sat 30 Jul 2022, 3:38 am

Note: Repost in proper section.

Hello,

I feel like I should explain why I've disappeared so long. It involves multiple hard drive failures, health problems, and weather issues.

On July the 7th of 2021, my external drive where I saved most of my stuff, including my ORTS installed. While I managed to save the most important things, it was a blow I didn't need. I restarted with another hard drive, only for that one to fail, saved everything again, really frustrated again. I had a NAS fail in 2021 due to a cabinet failure.

Also in 2021, Hurricane Ida hit, causing a major setback in OR work as I couldn't use my computer for some time, and we've had other weather spats that have taken out power and destroyed network equipment. My mother has had a variety of ongoing health problems, requiring more hospital visits.

So I've felt rather nervous coming back here because I feel rather sick about abandoning you guys. I've begun setting up a new Euro-centric OR install to replace the one I lost, and will be getting back to UK stuff in the near future.

Thanks,

Parker B.

Parker Boots

SD40-2

Back to top Go down

Issues on my end.  Empty Re: Issues on my end.

Post  j3801 Sun 31 Jul 2022, 7:13 am

Hi Parker

I am glad to hear that you are ok and still around! Very Happy

It does sound like you have had a rough run of things. Don't panic and take your time getting back into things.
I always "leave the lights on" for this forum as we have so many talented people involved and have created an amazing depository of knowledge (thanks to Alec) that to loose it would be a major blow, which I would never do to the community.

I myself haven't been as productive due to life, but then we all do need some down time.
Whenever you are ready, things will still be here for you and everyone else.

Justin

Issues on my end.  Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down