Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neanderthals Question of the Day

2 posters

Go down

Neanderthals Question of the Day Empty Neanderthals Question of the Day

Post  neanderthal Wed 23 Mar 2022, 4:36 pm

Being as all I ever seem to do is "Pick the Brains" of members it seems to me to be nice to keep any question separate, so here I go (again - The Hollies)

So when adding an Act to a Route I often get the message of "Over write" or not, so, is there a hard and fast Rule on whether I should do so or not. I must admit to down loading an Act for NWE v3 (mini route) today and there appears to be a longish list in the Box, so I decided NOT to do so, but have spent a while now wondering "was that the correct thing to do.?... floging a dead horse Thanks Roger

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Neanderthals Question of the Day Empty Re: Neanderthals Question of the Day

Post  slipperman12 Wed 23 Mar 2022, 6:03 pm

Hi Roger,
When installing activities, these "overwrites" will usually be because the author has re-used some Service, Path and/or Consist files which were either included with the original route, or in a previous activity.  
You need to trust that the act author hasn't created a new file with the same name as one of the original files, but usually, I would say allow the overwrites.  If you're not happy doing that, do not allow overwrites and run the activity. If it doesn't run as expected, or described, then it might be that a duplicate file name has been used.

Sorry that it's not the definitive answer you were hoping for, but it's The Best (Tina Turner) I can do!!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Wed 23 Mar 2022, 6:28 pm

thank you Ged

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down