Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South East steam

4 posters

Go down

South East steam Empty South East steam

Post  neanderthal Fri 25 Feb 2022, 8:15 pm

I've just installed this Route, and its a joy .If you aint got it get it now.... But I am (as usual) about to ask for some help...The Trains run great, loads of action with plenty of AI traffic ,but I notice none of the Road Traffic moves. This is not a problem, nor a criticism of a great Route, but I'm just wondering whether I have downloaded it right, or should I have activated the Road traffic in some way. TIA Neanderthal.. Smile

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

South East steam Empty Re: South East steam

Post  slipperman12 Fri 25 Feb 2022, 10:11 pm

Hi Roger,
No, I don't think you have to do anything. The carspawn file only contains one vehicle (Jp1Car01) of which 4 are deployed.

I don't know if you'd see any road traffic if you added  more vehicles - it depends on if the route has been set up to show them - I haven't been able to check it in the Route Editor, yet..

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Sat 26 Feb 2022, 9:02 am

Thank you Ged. Very Happy

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  niknak Mon 28 Feb 2022, 10:27 am

Hi Roger,
I have this excellent route and posted a similar query over on UKTS last year. The answer from the route creator was that no car spawners are used and all vehicles are designed to be static. however I don't see why you couldn't simply install working spawners yourself. My pc with this route on is in the workshop atm so I can't try this out myself.  Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nick

niknak

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Mon 28 Feb 2022, 12:08 pm

Hello Nick, Yes I have to agree its a fantastic Route, but I never try to alter anything as it's all well above my comfort zone. As an example I downloaded the Chiltern Route the other day, it worked fine, until I added the Patches, And I'd even checked how to do it)..Oh well I'll have to download it again (and forget the Patches LOL), Neanderthal

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Mon 28 Feb 2022, 12:16 pm

Roger, I saw you post on the problems with Chiltern patches. Ged's reply should have resolved the issue but if the problem remains, can I help?

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Mon 28 Feb 2022, 1:46 pm

Thank you for the kind offer David:   It does appear to be running again, though I appear to have a few floating Trees and Bridges Even so it seems to be yet another fantastic Route and most of that I would think is down to me.The thrree Demo Routes work fine except the LT one which likes sending me off on the wrong track now and again..South East steam 3_410
My Problem could be that I appear to have the same files in two or even three places,and the way to get onto the Route is queer;

C     Chiltern route     Chiltern Route routes   (click on ) routes... Chiltern...then inside Chiltern I find another Chiltern which only contains
    Acts  Docs  Shapes  Text  Tiles and World
But it runs, even with quite a few Missing Loco's.
As I can never get Activities to D/L install I would be quite happy if some more Paths were evident...,at least then I should be able to cover the complete Route.

I don't know whether I've been very clear in what I've explained, So Sorry if you end up with a Headache. Neanderthal.

PS, I cannot find ant Activities for it on UKTS anyway !

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Mon 28 Feb 2022, 1:47 pm

Sorry Post refers to Chiltern Route, South East Steam works great.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Mon 28 Feb 2022, 1:54 pm

What have you installed? The ten or eleven downloads for the basic route or these plus the eight Patches?

David
dforrest
dforrest

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Mon 28 Feb 2022, 2:33 pm

David, 10 d/l for basic route and 8 Patches ( I didn't download number 11 as it said you dont have to !)

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Mon 28 Feb 2022, 4:49 pm

Roger, the screenshots you have provided show that you have not installed the route and patches correctly. I suggest the you delete all the folders and files you created in doing this and be ready to start again. I am trying the find what will be the best way to guide you in doing this.

David
dforrest
dforrest

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Mon 28 Feb 2022, 7:59 pm

David , I've got rid of everything and just reinstalled the Route, No Patches. Neanderthal.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Mon 28 Feb 2022, 8:34 pm

neanderthal wrote:David , I've got rid of everything and just reinstalled the Route, No Patches. Neanderthal.

Good.  Have you checked that you can run the route with no errors? If you can, now install the patches in the same way as you installed the route.  That is, copying the various folders in the zip file to the TRAIN SIMULATOR folder to which the route main file was installed, one patch file at a time until all 8 are completed,  The folders you will be copying are one or more of GLOBAL, SOUND,  ROUTES and TRAINS.  Overwrite any files if asked if you want to do so.

David

David
dforrest
dforrest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down