Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fell Diesel on the Potteries

2 posters

Go down

Fell Diesel on the Potteries Empty Fell Diesel on the Potteries

Post  Welwyn22 Sun 09 May 2021, 8:54 pm

Partly-inspired by the activity titled "One Fell over the Peaks" - I took a look at the experimental diesel "10100" on Wikipedia and took note of its' usual workings (Manchester-London expresses) and having recently downloaded the Potteries route, I decided to explore the main line between Stoke-on-Trent and Macclesfield, opening the taps on this very odd looking diesel locomotive and getting it up to 83mph.

One really odd thing though, I shot into the tunnel north of Macclesfield, then decided to reverse with the '1' option set to the rear cab. I was only doing about 35mph when the thing derailed spectacularly in Macclesfield station... xD

I'm just trying to think of a clever name involving the potteries and falling for an activity name...
Attachments
Fell Diesel on the Potteries Attachment
Fell Diesel 1.jpg Fell Diesel Potteries 1You don't have permission to download attachments.(86 Kb) Downloaded 21 times
Fell Diesel 2.jpg Fell Diesel Potteries 2You don't have permission to download attachments.(100 Kb) Downloaded 9 times
Fell Diesel 3.jpg Fell Diesel Potteries 3You don't have permission to download attachments.(106 Kb) Downloaded 10 times
Fell Diesel 4.jpg Fell Diesel - Derailed!You don't have permission to download attachments.(159 Kb) Downloaded 16 times

Welwyn22

https://www.youtube.com/welwyn22

Back to top Go down

Fell Diesel on the Potteries Empty Re: Fell Diesel on the Potteries

Post  slipperman12 Sun 09 May 2021, 9:09 pm

Hi,
I'm assuming that your Fell consist actually contains the extra exhaust files! If so, coupled behind the loco are two invisible "exhaust" .engs.  
You said it was travelling in reverse, and in your last image, it looks as if those .engs have hit a train standing at the platform.  If MSTS has a collision at 35mph, it will derail!!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Welwyn22 Sun 09 May 2021, 9:40 pm

slipperman12 wrote:Hi,
I'm assuming that your Fell consist actually contains the extra exhaust files!  If so, coupled behind the loco are two invisible "exhaust" .engs.  
You said it was travelling in reverse, and in your last image, it looks as if those .engs have hit a train standing at the platform.  If MSTS has a collision at 35mph, it will derail!!

Cheers,
Ged

Never thought of that, but that explains it. It was an 'explore route' mode though so there were no other trains. I did put the two extra exhaust files in as directed by the instructions - though it was a little confusing as it states - " "loco + fell_exhausts + fell_exhausts2 + train " - but "fell_exhausts" is for the 4-8-4 model and "fell_exhausts2" is for the 4-4-4-4 model. I put two of the same type (4-8-4) behind each other. I don't think I did it correctly...

Welwyn22

https://www.youtube.com/welwyn22

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 09 May 2021, 10:13 pm

Hi,
Sorry, mate, but it looks as if there is another vehicle just under the bridge!

I haven't used that loco, but from what I read, both versions of the loco use both 'exhaust' .eng files. With the two exhaust entries in the main .eng file, these give 6 exhausts from the four main Paxman engines and the two auxiliary engines.  The only difference between the two versions of the loco is that one has all four driving wheels coupled, whereas the other has two sets of two coupled driving wheels.  I appreciate that the Names given the the 'exhaust' .eng files is misleading! Using two of the same exhaust .eng files won't show as 6 separate exhausts.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down