Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Norton blocking parts of the site

4 posters

Go down

Norton blocking parts of the site Empty Norton blocking parts of the site

Post  Jonathan David Wed 03 Mar 2021, 7:40 am

When I try to access the latest post on the Making Tracks discussion thread Norton is determinedly blocking it. The website name it is complaining about is northing to to with TSSH. Has some kind of trojan managed to infiltrate?
Norton is getting rather fond of doing this.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Norton blocking parts of the site Empty Re: Norton blocking parts of the site

Post  j3801 Wed 03 Mar 2021, 11:10 am

Hi Jonathan,

It must be Norton having a fit I think. There are no issues with the forum that I have found.
File hosting, image hosting and the forum are, as far as I can tell, all clean.

I gave up on paid anti-virus programs years ago. I had Norton and it kept showing false positives for everything, but it still let a few viruses through and I had to manually remove them, which took 4 hours!
At one point it even tried to say that the operating system was a virus!
It was a proper version of Windows XP Pro that I had brought from a large retailer. It has the genuine box, discs, manual, the lot! (I think I still have it somewhere packed away)
It got to the point where Norton was just crippling the system to the point that even checking emails was a task and a half!
I eventually got sick and tired of it, cancelled my subscription and switched to AVG and Super-anti-spyware (free versions).
A few years ago I ditched AVG as it started to do the same as Norton. I still have Super-anti-spyware (free version) and have had no problems.

Regards,
Justin

Norton blocking parts of the site Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 03 Mar 2021, 2:13 pm

Hi,
I've never used Norton (except to try out a free trial!)  Like Justin, I ran AVG for several years, but then it started getting too 'keen', so I switched to using Windows Defender (the free one included in Win 10).  It used to have a bad name but, according to reports, has got significantly better with each version.  I've never had any trouble with viruses (famous last words!!) and it just works quietly in the background; Every so often, it'll report (in the bottom RH corner of the screen) that it's performed x scans since the last one, and has found y problems which it has dealt with - it's very rarely that y is not 'no'.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Easilyconfused likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  terrycunliffe Wed 03 Mar 2021, 5:55 pm

I've subscribed to Trend Micro for years, but that too can be a little OTT at times. It's blocked every single one of Justin's MT Zip files up to now Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes to which I've had to by-pass.
But saying that, it has saved me from a few malicious scripts in the past that Windows defender hadn't picked up.
T

terrycunliffe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Thu 04 Mar 2021, 6:52 pm

Just for information, the message that Norton displayed was and I was trying to access
https://discovernative.com/script/i.php?
which it said was a dangerous file.
I am not sure how that relates to TSHH!
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 04 Mar 2021, 7:48 pm

TSSH!!!
I don't know what the discovernative.com website is for - I get "Forbidden" !  discovernative.org, however, is about Malaysia.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down