Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern BR Electric tail lamp

3 posters

Go down

Modern BR Electric tail lamp Empty Modern BR Electric tail lamp

Post  MS302 Thu 21 Jan 2021, 2:56 pm

Is it possible for some clever person to produce this as a freestanding wagon to use on those models which do not have one ? I have tried using the MT shape and texture files from one of their wagon sets but cannot alter it such that it can be placed at the rear of a consist either not appearing or being a wagon length from the rear vehicle.

MS302

Back to top Go down

Modern BR Electric tail lamp Empty Re: Modern BR Electric tail lamp

Post  j3801 Fri 22 Jan 2021, 11:45 am

Hi Mate,

Ged and I were looking at this hen I was messing around with the first batches of Mk3s.
We found that they kept either disappearing into the coach bodies or being flung wide when the coaches went around corners.
Whilst it was quite amusing to watch, unfortunately it wasn't prototypical (that I know of!).

So whilst we can reposition them to match any coach or wagon, unfortunately they have to stay as secondary objects in the wag files.

Regards,
Justin

Modern BR Electric tail lamp Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  MS302 Sat 23 Jan 2021, 10:49 am

The reason for that is that the tail lamp part of the s file is at the rear of the wagon,we need someone who can manipulate the s file to make it the same size as an invisible wagon.Sorry,I do not have the understanding or expertise to do that,otherwise I would !

MS302

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 Sat 23 Jan 2021, 11:03 am

Erm, we actually did.

As we ad the original files we were able to reduce the overall shape size to nothing (even trying going into negative sizings) and different positionings to try to get it to behave.
The problem being is that as it is treated as the next vehicle along it has position wiggles as it goes over points.
We tried many different tactics, from it being just a stand along shape to it being a bogie, unfortunately nothing worked.
If someone else knows better by all means have at it. But Ged and I spent at least 3 weeks trying to get it to behave to no avail.

Modern BR Electric tail lamp Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 23 Jan 2021, 4:34 pm

Hi Peter,
As Justin said, we had a lot of fun (NOT!!) trying to get it to work as a separate item. The only solution was to create a Freight Animation and 'call' it from the .wag file. I don't see any reason why the same lamp can't be applied to any other vehicle in the same way, but it would mean creating a duplicate of the required .wag file (with a different name) and adding the FA. Shape File Manager would be needed to position the shape correctly.

To which vehicle/s are you particularly interested in applying the tail lamp?

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 23 Jan 2021, 9:46 pm

Hi Peter,
I thought I'd do something different this evening, so I had a look at putting Justin's modern tail lamp on any old wagon!
It took a while (I'm sure there's an easier way!), but here's the result :
Modern BR Electric tail lamp Wagont10

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  MS302 Sun 24 Jan 2021, 8:06 am

Hello Ged and Justin,

Thanks for your replies,
I appreciate your   efforts,and that last post looks really good.The only wagons I am interested are the cargo wagons available from "The Train".de e.g D-TWA_Habiis9 and others from the same source which can be seen running in UK and the one mentioned is (I am sorry to say) in my view a better representation than the MT model.
I have altered the EOT wag available in member's downloads at Tiger Trains to look more "British"..No matter if it is a big bother,we do have more serious things to worry about.

MS302

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 24 Jan 2021, 9:40 am

Hi Peter,
It really is no bother!  It's nice to have a change Smile

I'll see if I can download that wagon.  I'm surprised that one with a tail light isn't already supplied!

If there's more than one type of wagon, and they use different shapes, then I think each will have to be dealt with separately.  I don't believe that .wag files can be copyrighted (but I could be wrong!) so supplying a modified version could be OK.

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : I can't find any Habiis9 wagons on thetrain.de, only Habiis8 and Habiis11.  Could you give me the link for Habiis9, please?
EDIT 2 : Maybe you meant TWA_Habis9?? I can find TWA_Habis9V12.zip!

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down