Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSTS All Trains Not Showing for All Routes

2 posters

Go down

MSTS All Trains Not Showing for All Routes Empty MSTS All Trains Not Showing for All Routes

Post  Bagpiper Sat 04 Jan 2020, 11:34 pm

Good day everyone
Well I have MSTS running very well on my windows 10 machine but I came across something I cannot find an answer to. I have the Making Tracks trains and they show up just fine on all my routes in Explore mode. Today I downloaded all the GlasgowWorks trains but they do not show up for all routes. If I go to the NorthEast Corridor route they all show up just fine. If I go to the Innsbruck - St Anton route; for example, they do not show in the train selection.

I am only trying to to an 'Explore Route' and have no additional routes added at this time.

Due to my lack of knowledge I am not sure if this is something that is set for the route, even in Explore mode, or I am missing something.

They do show up; without issues; in my Open Rails installation - Just curious why they do not show for all the routes in MSTS.

Any help very much appreciated - I can do a video and share that is this is not clear. But please see attached file to show both the scenarios.

All the best

Jim
Attachments
MSTS All Trains Not Showing for All Routes Attachment
MSTS_Trains.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(347 Kb) Downloaded 6 times

Microsoft Train Simulator, Open Rails, Train Sim World, Train Simulator 2020
Bagpiper
Bagpiper

Back to top Go down

MSTS All Trains Not Showing for All Routes Empty Re: MSTS All Trains Not Showing for All Routes

Post  j3801 Sun 05 Jan 2020, 4:42 am

Hi Jim,

After a quick check to confirm my theory the answer is a simple one:
If the route is electrified then all engines will show up in MSTS. (NorthEast Corridor)
If the route is not electrified then MSTS hides the Electric locos (Innsbruck - St Anton) as you can't run an electric train without power.

There is a quick fix for this if you wish to drive an Electric engine on the non-electrified routes and that is to make them electric.
If you go into the MSTS folder for the route you will find a file that ends in .trk, this is the route information file for MSTS.
You can edit it in Notepad easily enough.

The 2 changes that you need to make are:

• Change the line that reads:
    Electrified ( 00000000 )
    to:
    Electrified ( 00000001 )
  • And change the line that reads:
    OverheadWireHeight ( 0 )
    to:
    OverheadWireHeight ( 10000 )
    (this will put the wires at a height that you cannot see them so the line looks as it was but the trains can still run)

After doing this you can enjoy any train on any route!

Regards,
Justin

MSTS All Trains Not Showing for All Routes Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

MSTS All Trains Not Showing for All Routes Empty Re: MSTS All Trains Not Showing for All Routes

Post  Bagpiper Sun 05 Jan 2020, 1:58 pm

Many thanks mate - I would never have figured that one out. Very Happy

Now I understand it; and it makes a lot of sense, I shall leave things the way they are.

All the best and thanks again
Cheers.
Jim

Microsoft Train Simulator, Open Rails, Train Sim World, Train Simulator 2020
Bagpiper
Bagpiper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down