Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EastCoast Express Patches

3 posters

Go down

EastCoast Express Patches Empty EastCoast Express Patches

Post  andrew moody Tue 30 Aug 2016, 6:07 pm

Hello Everyone.
I recently purchased all four of the ECE CD's and following repairs to my P.C. Have been attempting to install them but with limited sucsess.
The problem appears to relate to the patches which I understand should be six, except I have only been able to download four off of the UKTS website.

These are 24552 ece2_1.2.exc  31082 LL New Roads fix  32360 ECE Grantham patch and replacement eb_ec2_ka_signs.ace.
I have been installing these after I have  installed all four of the CD's I now see this is not correct. (I found ECE in the routes directory)

I have, at the moment just ECE1 installed, the activities seem to run OK but there is a missing Patch 1 (EastCoastExpressPart1_Update1.exe), which I cannot find.
Is this vital before installing ECE2? or can I go ahead. or must this patch be installed first and if so please could I have some help finding it.
My understanding is to next install Part 2 (Peterborough – York), Patch  (eb_ece2_ka_platform_signs.ace), then Patch  (ece2_1.2.exe), Then Route Part 3
which is the Leeds  Loop, Another Patch which is the New roads Update for the Leeds loop Then install the Grantham Patch  thence The Hertford Loop,
Then there is yet another missing  Patch which is  EastCoastExpressPart2Activity5Update.exe .............Again, Is this vital to the running of the route?
I have found a note in the Hertford loop CD Box which actually relates to the complex soundset for the class 365 which advises to adjust the quality of sound
to medium in the Options. This has defenitly improved. and appearsto have eliminated Crashes back to Desktop.
Any help or advice will be very much appreciated.
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

EastCoast Express Patches Empty Re: EastCoast Express Patches

Post  slipperman12 Tue 30 Aug 2016, 9:04 pm

Hi Andy,
I have answered your post on UKTS,
From what I can see, Part1 Update1 is not essential - it makes some changes to scenery items (cows!) and modifies one signal so it's more visible.

I'm pretty certain that the Part2 Activity5 update is not essential for the successful running of the route, only that activity.

Please make sure you read ALL the documentation for all the patches before adding Part 2 and subsequent parts; it's very easy to get the sequence wrong with the result that the combined route doesn't work as it should.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Scampispeedway Wed 31 Aug 2016, 3:17 pm

Hi Andy, you mention the 365 sound set which I also set the quality of the sound to medium but it never
crashed to desktop but simply locked my screen up and I had to exit the run.
I see from my notes that I changed them all to Class365517_NSE stock and using R.R. created two dead
engines for the required A and D versions and used the DMSA and DMSB wagons instead.
After making these changes I had no further trouble with any of the runs that used this set and completed
them successfully.
On further investigation in the sound file of the original set, I came across two wave files which on selecting
do not play normally and have the bar at the bottom fluctuating backwards and forwards but never reaching
the end of the slot and they are the 365_Bell1 and x_365Bell1.wav.
There is a file in the UKTS library i.e. 1108 which uses a similar sound to this but is the d9 version and this
plays normally.

Bob
Scampispeedway
Scampispeedway

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Wed 31 Aug 2016, 11:03 pm

Hi Ged and Bob.
Now, that's very interesting Bob. about the 365 locking up, Had the same thing happen, I have overcome the problem by simply deleting the activity, HL05 which is the only one that has a driveable 365. I cannot get Route Riter to start I get an error 75 Path/File access error occured while loading the main Route Riter screen.
Check reports\Startup log (??) for possible errors
Route Riter opens but if I click on any of the icons I get this:- Invalid character entered in the filter string
Closely followed by Run time error '9' Subscription out of range.
I do not have a clue what any of this means of course.
Back to the ECE. So far everything seems to be running OK just one other thing, I see that the majority of Acts also have ASV files, Do i need to keep them?
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 01 Sep 2016, 9:43 am

Hi Andy,
The .asv files are, if you like, compiled versions of the .act files.  The only time they will cause any problems is if you manually change the .act version of the activity.  MSTS will always read the .asv file in place of the matching .act file, with the result that you'll not see any of the manual changes you made (which can be a little puzzling!).  In such a situation, delete or rename the .asv file.
Personally, I always delete them - in the days of slower processors, they might have enabled the activity to be loaded quicker than from the .act file.

NOTE : When using Activity Editor, any activity can be saved in .asv format by using the "Compute & Save" option instead of "Save" or "Save as".

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Scampispeedway Thu 01 Sep 2016, 10:03 pm

Hi Andy, I've been away all day on a trip to Cambridge and Sheffield so only got back around 7pm, after I
posted yesterday I decided that as all the other 365's used Networker Sounds in my common.sounds folder,
the easiest answer was to change the lines in the .eng  files to corresponding ones from that set..
In the EB_PH_365_B wagon it had a passenger view but no sound line so I added that in as well, I also
changed the last line in this wagon from EB_PH_365_Beng.sms to the Networkerwag.sms and changed the
last line of the EB_PH_365_C wagon from the EB_PH_365_Ceng.sms to the same Networkerwag.sms.
I could later on re-install Part 4 again as a separate Route as with all Routes with many variations, I stored
it away from MSTS and can repeat the problem Activities to see if the modifications had worked.

Bob

Last edited by Scampispeedway on Fri 02 Sep 2016, 3:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Scampispeedway
Scampispeedway

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:50 pm

Scampispeedway wrote:I decided that as all the other 365's used Networker Sounds in my common.sounds folder,
the easiest answer was to change the lines in the .eng  files to corresponding ones from that set..
In the EB_PH_365_B wagon it had a passenger view but no sound line so I added that in as well I and also
changed the last line in this wagon from EB_PH_365_Beng.sms to the Networkerwag.sms and changed the
last line of the EB_PH_365_C wagon from the EB_PH_365_Ceng.sms to the same Networkerwag.sms.
I could later on re-install Part 4 again as a separate Route as with all Routes with many variations, I stored
it away from MSTS and can repeat the problem Activities to see if the modifications had worked.

Hi Bob,
Thanks for that, I will at some time take a look at the EB PH 365 but I do have a struggle with getting sms files
to work.
At the same time I purchased the four Cd's I downloaded a lot of activities and stock which included quite a few
class 365s, Strangely enough, I was test driving some 365s and they run just fine so I think I will take the easy
way out and swap the EB PH 365 for an alternative one.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down