Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Track-laying problem...

4 posters

Go down

Track-laying problem... Empty Track-laying problem...

Post  NiallGray Fri 01 Mar 2013, 1:19 pm

I decided to add about 1/2 mile of track to my route as I prefer my lines to "disappear out of sight" and didn't want track ending just after one of my stations.

I laid the track, put the gradients in, and raised the terrain to the track. When I got the end I saved it. I then went along the track to check I'd done the 'y' key on each piece and noticed a section of track was missing. I could not click on it and if I tried to click on the track next to it, a message said "adjacent track piece could not be loaded".

I exited without saving work any further, re-loaded but there was the track showing again.

Thinking it may be an error, I deleted the route and went to a backup (which I did right before I started work, so nothing else lost). I laid the track again, using slightly different pieces, did the gradients etc and after saving, went back to the same spot and track was missing in same area again!

However, I reloaded the route and there was the track again. When I go back in I can click on the track that was missing and do not get any messages when clicking on adjacent track. I even laid a random scenery item, saved, went back in again and track still showing.

Does anyone know what is happening? I don't want to carry on or go back to a backup until I can figure out what the problem is, or if there is a problem.

If it helps the track is on two separate tiles, although the track that disappeared was not on the edge or crossing both tiles; only the last section of track is on another tile.

Niall

NiallGray

Back to top Go down

Track-laying problem... Empty Re: Track-laying problem...

Post  Markh5682 Fri 01 Mar 2013, 1:40 pm

Hi Niall

That is a problem I have encountered in the past, I may be wrong but I put it down to a discrepancy between the TDB and the world file, Sometimes I could clear it but other times it stubbornly stayed there.

The fact that is only a run off line at the end of the route and that the track piece loads up and you can now select all track pieces means that it is nothing to worry about and it shouldn't affect the running of the route.

Have you tried out that section in gameplay? it should be OK but it's better to check that out before you proceed.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  NiallGray Fri 01 Mar 2013, 1:44 pm

I'll set up a test act tonight when I get back and see what happens.

NiallGray

Back to top Go down

Post  NiallGray Fri 01 Mar 2013, 9:36 pm

Managed to do a test act which went over the area no problem.

Been in RE a couple of times since, laid scenery, adjusted a gradient and track still there.

Very odd, hopefully I just got lucky, but if anyone knows what happened I'd love to know.

Niall

NiallGray

Back to top Go down

Post  gswindale Sun 03 Mar 2013, 1:32 pm

I've encountered a similar problem when trying to modify a route - trying to modernise LTS so I can run real trains on it.

I'm trying to remove certain sections of track and getting the same error message. I'm guessing I can stick some scenery over it; but would like to resolve the issue properly.

Truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
gswindale
gswindale

http://www.makingtracks-online.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  terrycunliffe Sun 03 Mar 2013, 2:53 pm

Hi Niall,
It's probably a memory issue.
If it happens again, don't exit the route, but try the msts 'jump' trick (just change a co-ordinate in the camera box in RE. eg if the longitude value is -3.123456, then remove the 'minus' and press jump. You'll find yourself in a white void. Give it a few seconds and let the tile object value in the placement box drop to zero, thus clearing the memory. Re insert the minus sign, and jump again. You'll find yourself exactly in the same position as you started. If the track section is there, then there's nothing to worry about. Smile )
Let me know how you go on.

terrycunliffe

Back to top Go down

Post  NiallGray Sun 03 Mar 2013, 3:59 pm

terrycunliffe wrote:Hi Niall,
It's probably a memory issue.
If it happens again, don't exit the route, but try the msts 'jump' trick (just change a co-ordinate in the camera box in RE. eg if the longitude value is -3.123456, then remove the 'minus' and press jump. You'll find yourself in a white void. Give it a few seconds and let the tile object value in the placement box drop to zero, thus clearing the memory. Re insert the minus sign, and jump again. You'll find yourself exactly in the same position as you started. If the track section is there, then there's nothing to worry about. Smile )
Let me know how you go on.

Will do, Terry. Had no problems since but if it happens again I'll try it your way.

Now have the quandary that after laying the 'out of sight' track, I'm really close to the next station and trying to fight urge to lay more track to fit it in as I know if I lay the track, I'll then do 'out of sight' track and find I'm close to another station! I need to gather the strength to not give in and lay more track! Laughing

NiallGray

Back to top Go down

Post  NiallGray Sun 03 Mar 2013, 4:01 pm

gswindale wrote:I've encountered a similar problem when trying to modify a route - trying to modernise LTS so I can run real trains on it.

I'm trying to remove certain sections of track and getting the same error message. I'm guessing I can stick some scenery over it; but would like to resolve the issue properly.

Are you removing the interactives before you remove track? I would never remove track before making sure all signals, platform and siding markers were removed first. If you are, then have you tried Terry's suggestion?

NiallGray

Back to top Go down

Post  terrycunliffe Sun 03 Mar 2013, 6:26 pm

I've found that adding new track to the end of routes doesn't normally give any issues, and as long as the new path doesn't 'disturb' any existing interactives, it's safe to leave them alone.

terrycunliffe

Back to top Go down

Post  NiallGray Sun 03 Mar 2013, 8:59 pm

terrycunliffe wrote:I've found that adding new track to the end of routes doesn't normally give any issues, and as long as the new path doesn't 'disturb' any existing interactives, it's safe to leave them alone.

I was talking about Geoffrey removing track, not adding it! Wink

NiallGray

Back to top Go down

Post  gswindale Thu 07 Mar 2013, 9:11 pm

I am planning on removing track :-)

It was mainly from an accidental click on the wrong section that picked up the message. I then clicked on the next section which I was able to select fine; so was slightly surprised to see the message.

I'm slowly removing all the interactives as stations will have adjustments needed etc & the speed limits revising along with complete re-signalling. Taking some time as you might expect.

Truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
gswindale
gswindale

http://www.makingtracks-online.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down