Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One year latter.....

+4
dee4141
Markh5682
rufuskins
j3801
8 posters

Go down

One year latter..... Empty One year latter.....

Post  j3801 Tue 26 Feb 2013, 11:19 am

Hi folks, I do apologise in advance if this gets long and sappy.

First off I would like to thank everybody for their support of the past month and a bit that this forum has been up and running. Your faith in me has been greatly appreciated.

It is truely hard to believe that tomorrow the 27 of February marks my first anniversary of posting on UKTS and the day after is the first release date of my v1 Gresley 61'6" coaches. So much has happened over the past year, both good and not so good, that it is honestly hard for me to imagine where I would be today without everyone's kindness and support that you have shown me.

I know on everyone of my uploads I dedicate a tribute back to the community for all the support, kindness and encouragement that you have all shown me, and to all those who came before me. But at times it does not seem to be enough. I am honestly blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.

I would like to publicly say that this forum is dedicated to all of you, everyone who has ever contributed anything to the hobby, past/present or future , no matter how big or small that contribution may be, you really do make a difference to everyone. This forum was set up in the hopes of preserving the community and friendships that had developed on UKTS that were in jeopardy.

I believe this forum will be a lasting monument to all those who have put their best efforts behind MSTS, and I hope that the next generation that gets involved will benefit greatly from what we are putting together here.

I guess what I am trying to say is possibly the biggest 'thank you to everyone' possible.

Here's to the next year and beyond ,

Justin

ps. Keep an eye on the post counter at the bottom of the homepage.
We are quickly heading towards the 'grouping era'.

One year latter..... Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

One year latter..... Empty Re: One year latter.....

Post  rufuskins Tue 26 Feb 2013, 11:33 am

Justin
I'd like to think that I speak for many others when I say that we owe you a vote of thanks for starting up this alternative site.
It has re-stimulated my MSTS enthusiasm that had started to wane a little after my experiences on UKTS at the beginning of the year.
I too can't believe that it is now just over 5 years since I started MSTS and joined UKTS, and the help that I got at that time was critical to my MSTS experience. Like you I feel that this is a vehicle to give something back to the MSTS community, as well as providing a repositry for the MSTS knowledge that has developed since 2001!
The quantity of TSSH members may not be large at this moment in time, but the quality is definately much to be admired.
Alec

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:30 pm

Ditto to Alec's post above. Very Happy

It is nice that we now have an alternative dedicated MSTS forum where we can all contribute and not be swamped by other sims, and as Alec said, it is inspiring some of us to become more active again, and I am honoured to have been invited to become a part of it, so a big thank you to Justin for making all this possible. Very Happy

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  dee4141 Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:49 pm

Justin I'm another who is pleased that you set up this forum. The friendship on the site is similar to how UKTS used to be a few years ago. I still support UKTS but unfortunately I got to the stage of being reluctant to post on the forums. A friendly site makes everyone feel comfortable to participate, and personally I like to see the work of others and follow their progress.
dee4141
dee4141

Back to top Go down

Post  mikehendle Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:54 pm

Justin,
Just to say thank you for setting up this site,it is nice to be on friendly terms with no back biting,it pleasant just to chat amongst friends.

Mikeex Zuid Afrikaans Sporweg employee[i]
mikehendle
mikehendle

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Tue 26 Feb 2013, 3:14 pm

Thanks Justin! A pleasure to be part of a fantastic site with a great lot of people!
I hope this carries on the same track and doesn't get a 'Wrong road working' Very Happy
All the best everyone!
Andy
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  bigant Mon 04 Mar 2013, 6:36 pm

I'll echo the sentiments stated above, its nice to have a place where us MSTS diehards can
discus the old sim

Don
bigant
bigant

Back to top Go down

Post  steamnut44 Thu 21 Mar 2013, 7:06 pm

I too am proud to be a member of this forum, because everyone virtually knows one another even though we have never actually met. I've met a few on here, and Don (bigant) and I have become good friends as we see each other quite often at The Echills Wood Miniature Railway, where we are both members. We only live about ten miles from each other. I am also amazed, just how many dedicated MSTS followers there still are and that we can now have our own friendly forum. So a big thank you to Justin for setting up the TSSH to keep MSTS alive and running. I was getting a bit miffed that UKTS was leaning more towards the other sim and that eventually we would all decide to not bother posting on there at all. So really, we can still keep MSTS up and running so to speak, by having this dedicated forum. I would also like to thank Alec and Mark for acting as moderators, which is no easy task. This site seems to get better as time goes on. I like the introduction of the Routes Directory, which will be helpful to any newcomers to MSTS to see what is available. Very Happy

Geoff  
STEAM will ALWAYS be King!   It gave us our Great British railway network, which we all enjoy through simulation
Very Happy
steamnut44
steamnut44

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down