Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repeated update failure for Internet Explorer 11

3 posters

Go down

Repeated update failure for Internet Explorer 11 Empty Repeated update failure for Internet Explorer 11

Post  rufuskins Wed 22 Apr 2015, 7:17 am

One of the few remaining problems on my upgraded computer is a repeatedly failing update for IE11, referenced as Code 9C59.
Repeated update failure for Internet Explorer 11 Code9c10
I have looked online and I can see a multitude of posts on this, many of which offer possible solutions. Most of these sail over my head.
Has anyone else encountered this and found a solution?
It's becoming annoying because the automatic windows update continues to refer to it as an Important Update and hence have a repeating cycle of trying to update and stating failed due to the above code Mad  Mad  Mad ; i.e. even after this failure the update will show up again!
What would happen if I uninstalled IE11 as I don't use this as my web browser? I have come across references suggesting it needs to be there as a requirement for other bits of software, but of course this may be scare tactics? I have also come across a reference suggesting that MS might be calling it a day with support for IE11 sometime in 2016, but again this might not be right?

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Repeated update failure for Internet Explorer 11 Empty Re: Repeated update failure for Internet Explorer 11

Post  slipperman12 Wed 22 Apr 2015, 9:43 pm

Hi Alec,
The one program used regularly by MSTS model builders is Shape File Manager. For this to work, Internet Explorer MUST be installed, although it doesn't have to be the default browser - other browsers can't read the .hta file which SFM has as its executable.

One thing you could try is to remove IE, using the Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows features on or off, reboot and then turn it back on again, then retry the update.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Repeated update failure for Internet Explorer 11 Empty Re: Repeated update failure for Internet Explorer 11

Post  rufuskins Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:12 pm

Well as I PM'd to Ged just a short time ago, the IE11 updates have all installed successfully! Shocked Shocked Shocked
I have absolutely no idea why everything installed correctly - I assume - after several days of irritation and annoyance!

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Thu 23 Apr 2015, 4:31 am

These things are sent to try us Alec. Dodgy

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down