Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Railway Atlas Then and Now - 2nd Edition

5 posters

Go down

Railway Atlas Then and Now - 2nd Edition Empty Railway Atlas Then and Now - 2nd Edition

Post  sbowness Sun 12 Apr 2015, 9:46 pm

I don't know whether any of you use this book but you may be interested to know that a second edition is being released next month:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Railway-Atlas-Then-Now-Second/dp/0711038333/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1428871282&sr=1-6&keywords=railway+atlas

I have the first edition sitting on the desk when I'm driving as it helps me get an idea of where in the world I am, particularly as my British geography is a little broad and general (except for a North Notts and a little patch of West Yorks).

I'd also be interested to know what other books everyone uses when it comes to creating the routes and navigating them.

Stephen
sbowness
sbowness

Back to top Go down

Railway Atlas Then and Now - 2nd Edition Empty Re: Railway Atlas Then and Now - 2nd Edition

Post  Markh5682 Sun 12 Apr 2015, 11:08 pm

Thanks for the link Stephen, might treat myself to that one OK

Had a look so see if they were flogging off the first edition cheaply, when I saw what they wanted for it (anything from £50 to £1600+) I decided not to bother Dodgy

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Railway Atlas Then and Now - 2nd Edition Empty Re: Railway Atlas Then and Now - 2nd Edition

Post  neanderthal Mon 13 Apr 2015, 7:49 am

Hello Both,here's what I use.(I prefer the first)and you can pick it up 2nd hand for less than a fiver.

Railway Atlas Then and Now - 2nd Edition Index10  Railway Atlas Then and Now - 2nd Edition Index210

The second one I think was about £20 but does have everything included information wise.(as it says Proposed,Closed,Survived).
Still prefer the first one though! That is just my personal choice .     Regards.
Both available through Amazon

Last edited by neanderthal on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Show availability)

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 13 Apr 2015, 11:23 am

I too have the first one, but I also have the five Quail Track Diagrams by TRACKmaps; e.g.
Railway Atlas Then and Now - 2nd Edition Tm510

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  mikehendle Mon 13 Apr 2015, 1:26 pm

Hi

I use for locoomotives a Ian Allen Combined Volume for 1959,as it also has the shed allocations for each locomotive as well,other books a BR 1955 Eastern Region Summer Timetable,as it covers Kings Cross,Marylebone and Liverpool Street to all destinations,and for train formations Xtreme Publishing Operation Series books.

I find the best place to get them from is Amazon.UK

Mike

Mikeex Zuid Afrikaans Sporweg employee[i]
mikehendle
mikehendle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down