Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OH DEAR

3 posters

Go down

OH DEAR Empty OH DEAR

Post  neanderthal Tue 20 Jan 2015, 8:00 am

Not a single MSTS Post yesterday,only OR ? is that a first.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

OH DEAR Empty Re: OH DEAR

Post  sbowness Tue 20 Jan 2015, 9:18 am

Well, there was a MSTS flavour to it.
sbowness
sbowness

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 20 Jan 2015, 9:55 am

I believe we've had the odd day where no posts have been made, but perhaps lately simmers have been downloading the latest rake of locomotives and cabviews from UKTS! Possibly running trains on the latest routes. However it's good to note that we still have a reasonable number of visits each day.
Whilst my inclination is still MSTS I do recognise that OR does offer an alternative view, and may allow those of us who don't use the "other sim" to continue using MSTS related routes and stock with the latest OS's.
Maybe we can also help simmers get the best out of their MSTS stuff in OR - see the post on braking here.

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Tue 20 Jan 2015, 12:00 pm

Couldn't agree more,even I'm having a go at OR.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  sbowness Tue 20 Jan 2015, 7:23 pm

As a newbie who is enjoying exploring both MSTS and OR and the person who raised the topic in question, I'm interested in the different experiences (and I'm not convinced one is better or worse than the other - just different) that each sim provides. I think that both sims continue to have a future for different reasons. From the brief time I've been involved, MSTS seems to have a sense of tradition about it that I can certainly appreciate. Without that same sense of tradition we wouldn't have real steam engines in the first place. OR provides new technologies that help to make things look a lot better and that will draw in many people who prefer the visual realism that MSTS struggles a little to provide.

I'm also very grateful for the supportive nature of the discussions here. It's nice to not get flames for asking a question.
sbowness
sbowness

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Tue 20 Jan 2015, 7:38 pm

sbowness,No flames here,I'm not new to MSTS,but am certainly enjoying the experience of trying out OR.There are many differences,but I think even I have to admit that the future is probably OR,but not quite yet! Very Happy

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum