Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wakefield MR Exhibition

2 posters

Go down

Wakefield MR Exhibition Empty Wakefield MR Exhibition

Post  rufuskins Sat 29 Nov 2014, 6:41 pm

Despite the fog on the M62 over the Pennines I managed to arrive at the exhibition about 10:30am. As it was necessary to go to the overflow car park it was obvious that it was popular. Thankfully being of a mature status I only had to pay £5 to enter instead of £7, but there were a fair few quality layouts and for those looking for bits and pieces there was plenty of choice. On the bookshop side Bill Hudson was there as was Nick Tozer, the latter offering his second hand books at a significantly lower price than those of the former. Unfortunately neither had a great deal to offer me, although I did buy a S/H copy of Essery's LMS Wagons (Vol 1) from Nick. After I had been there for about an hour and a half I went in search of a life saving mug of tea but the queue was shall we say excessive - I reckon it would have been at least 20-30 minutes waiting time - and hence I chose to miss out.
I particularly wanted to go as "The Gresley Beat" layout was present (LNER 1923-39 OO gauge) and it was as good as I had assumed. Mind you I had to wait my turn to get close - yes it was that crowded. Other good layouts were Haddon Bank (BR late 1940s to early 1960s OO gauge), Mansfield GN (GN 1910s EM gauge) and New Bryford (2000s OO gauge). There were a number of US layouts and a nice N gauge layout called Irgendwohn Im Allgau (South Germany). I understand that "The Gresley Beat" might be going to the proposed Model Railway Centre in Ashford, Kent?
I spent some time talking LYR with their representatives. It would appear that a LYR coach book is still only a distant prospect!  Sad   Sad   Sad
Whilst it was pleasing to see good crowds - giving a good return to the organisers - I found it hard work, and after some 3 hours I called it a day and returned to the car, especially as my back/hip were giving me some "gyp"! Thankfully the fog was more a heavy mist on the return trip over the Pennines. When I returned home the postman had delivered the "Ince Wagon Works" book, and I now have some PO wagons that I can create for use with LYR stock. Smile  Smile  Smile

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Wakefield MR Exhibition Empty Re: Wakefield MR Exhibition

Post  Markh5682 Sat 29 Nov 2014, 7:44 pm

Sounds like a good day Alec OK despite the weather, crowds and queues Wakefield MR Exhibition Excruciating_zps5fb4d115

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 29 Nov 2014, 9:02 pm

Looking forward to our next outing - probably early next year! OK

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down