Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As only I can do

4 posters

Go down

As only I can do Empty As only I can do

Post  neanderthal Thu 20 Jun 2024, 8:44 pm

So here I am again having a love of Retro Routes ( I used to get away with it in MSTS) I yesterday and today tried to get some more Retro Routes,but managed to only score a 50%
partial success., I did get the old Philly Route up and running!, But failed completely on the " Tuscany v4" Route.Though the Route is there I can neither get the Acts nor Stock to run.
As only I can do Hintay11 At least I haven't made my old mistake  and ended up needing a reinstall.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

As only I can do Empty Re: As only I can do

Post  slipperman12 Thu 20 Jun 2024, 9:38 pm

Hi Roger,
Why, exactly, can't you get the Activities or Stock to run?
Do you get error messages displayed or does the OR log give any clues?

I've Googled 'Tuscany' but nothing's come up!  I've also looked at trainsimhobby and trensim without any success - maybe it's hidden somewhere under a different name (to protect the innocent?!!).

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT :  OK, found it (I THINK!) as 'Toscane' on trainsimhobby!! But there are no activities or stock.

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  tonya37 Fri 21 Jun 2024, 2:43 am

Hi Roger

I've had some partial success with this, but haven't had the time to go too deeply into it. It is available from our old friends ildeposito.net (and also trainsimhobby.net.)

The direct link to the route is Scenario / Route: Linee Toscane versione 4 (o Leopolda 4)
https://www.ildeposito.net/Files/Scenari/Leopolda4full.zip

and the file details are
Versione / Version: 4.0 del 16/11/2003

Autore / Authors: Renzo Grassi

Dimensione/ Size: 402 Mb

Note/ Notes: Scenario in unico file. Questa versione sostituisce le precedenti (Route in a single file. This version replaces the previous versions.)

This is the route, but without rolling stock or activities. An activity with rolling stock can be downloaded from
https://www.ildeposito.net/Files/Activity/RaRmTrains.zip

You will see this (and others) adjacent to the route download. It runs! (In OR, at least). This is what it looks like.
As only I can do Open_r21

I haven't run the activity, but I did try using Alt-A, and the train hurtled out of the station like the proverbial scalded cat. Also, there is no cab, so a little bit of tweaking needed there. It is the .eng file I guess. I tried something a little more modern and it all works just fine:
As only I can do Open_r11

I suggest trying some of the other activities on the site, or substituting the loco, or tweaking the .eng file.

It looks to be a lovely route.

Regards

Tony

tonya37

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Fri 21 Jun 2024, 3:00 am

It's on ILDEPOSITO under Italian Scenarios epoch 1890 / 1922, named as Tuscan Lines V4 (or Leopolda 4).
Don't go to any trouble over it Ged, I was only flicking through some Retro Routes and it sounded to be pretty so thought I'd give it a bash. lol!
Though this one did sound promising ! Neanderthal.. (Activities were on the same page).

Well I was writing this I see Tony has found it,I'm not sure why but I had no trouble with the Trains running, just the Stock which I couldn't seem to make appear.
Thanks both. Roger

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  tonya37 Fri 21 Jun 2024, 3:33 am

Hi Roger

I've got a solution for you.

This uses activity RG_RM3122, which uses consist RG_RM3122. You need to substitute for loco RM 3122 with loco RM 1564. You can most easily do this by changing the consist file RG_RM3122.con.

The first 14 lines should be

Train (
TrainCfg ( "RG_RM3122"
Serial ( 3 )
MaxVelocity ( 22.35200 0.18473 )
NextWagonUID ( 16 )
Durability ( 1.00000 )
Engine (
UiD ( 15 )
EngineData ( RM_1564 FS_GR170_Pack )
)
Wagon (
WagonData ( Tender_1564 FS_GR170_Pack )
UiD ( 14 )
)
so make copy of  RG_RM3122.con
Copy the lines above
Paste them into RG_RM3122.con replacing what is already there
Save RG_RM3122.con

and that's all!

Another thought - I had the same problem with another .eng file, and Ged fixed it! I ber he could fix this file too, I think it is something to do with the cylinder size.

As only I can do Open_r12

Regards

Tony

tonya37

Back to top Go down

Post  tonya37 Fri 21 Jun 2024, 8:02 am

Finally I got it! BUT although everything I posted previously works, here is the proper and best solution, provided by Neanderthal (bet that's a surprise Roger!)

There were two problems.

1. The loco travelled at about 1000 mph.
2. It did this without a cab.

Solutions
1. The .eng file RM_3122.eng, which is in folder RM_3122 has got the cylinder diameter wrong (remember you told me about this Roger?)

The line is (line 259)
CylinderDiameter ( 54 + 80cm )

and should be

CylinderDiameter ( 54cm + 80cm ).

ie the units have been left out

2. Line 328 refers to .cvf file

CabView ( RMex380.cvf )

There is such a file in the Cabview folder, but needs sorting out. Instead just change the line to

CabView ( 380.cvf )

Then everything works.
As only I can do Open_r13

Terrific smoke.

Regards

Tony

tonya37

Back to top Go down

As only I can do Empty Here I go !

Post  neanderthal Fri 21 Jun 2024, 12:02 pm

Morning Ged,and very probably Evening Tony,.
Firstly Ged I will try and add some Photo's but if it takes up to much room I wont mind if you delete them. It seems that none of the Acts work correctly except for Act RG RMB 3122   Pisa to Firenze,and to be fair that's a little problematic in ORNY.
here's the faulty ones,As only I can do Open_r51
As only I can do Open_r52
As only I can do Open_r53
and here's the one that works As only I can do Open_r54

So to be safe should I remove the Acts that don't work or leave well alone.? Neanderthal.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  tonya37 Fri 21 Jun 2024, 12:27 pm

Hi Roger and Ged - it is indeed evening and getting on for bed time! The photos look terrific. The only activity I tried was RG_RM3122 and as I mentioned only the .eng file was a problem. I don't understand how it worked for you Roger, but I'm glad that it did. Once the .eng file was fixed it seemed to go OK. I only took it to the first stop, unhooked the loco and added water at the water point at the end of the platform, backed on to the train and set off again. It worked 100% up to that point.

It looks to me as if some rolling stock and/or textures are missing. You don't need to delete the activities they won't do any harm. You can use Ged's Activity Manager to find out what's missing and take it from there. If you have difficulty navigating TrainSimHobby let me know and I'll give you a hand. I'll look at the activities when I get a spot of time. I really like the pictures this seems to be a very well done route, especially for 2002. IlDeposito.net has some more routes in Toscana, and some other likely looking ones as well, that are very recent and probably worth looking at.

Anyway, time to watch Shetland!

Regards

Tony

tonya37

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Fri 21 Jun 2024, 9:30 pm

As only I can do Open_r55As only I can do Open_r32
Sadly no acts Fi Pi.Li Si, nnd I'm rubbish at d/l stock

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

tonya37 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Sat 22 Jun 2024, 9:34 am

I unpacked the single act which comes with the batch of stock but it is asking for one item when is not in the stock pack: RG_Ciwl_1920. But that (and lots more) can be downloaded from Il Deposito.
Now to enjoy the route. Comments above noted and will be actioned.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

neanderthal and tonya37 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Sun 23 Jun 2024, 2:05 pm

Oh well I've had my fun, and my trip to Italy is now concluded.
As only I can do S110As only I can do S310
As only I can do S210 Now that's a Cab View for you !

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 23 Jun 2024, 2:16 pm

Hi Roger,
To avoid those large clouds of dark smoke appearing when using Open Rails, the appropriate parameters in the .eng file need changing.
There has been discussion on the subject on either Elvastower.com or trainsim.com but, sorry, I've not been able to locate the details, yet.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum