Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AI traffic NOT showing in activities?

2 posters

Go down

AI traffic NOT showing in activities? Empty AI traffic NOT showing in activities?

Post  Cityrail-Rulez Thu 11 Apr 2024, 12:34 am

It's been awhile since I played OpenRails and for as long as I can remember I have never seen any AI traffic every time I load up either a default activity from any of the default routes or a route that I've purchased or downloaded freely. I have read pretty much on other forums that you should be seeing AI traffic in the activities... Well, no offence it's not working for me and never has! Is there a option to turn on/enable in OpenRails options that I'm just too blind to find???

I have never enabled the log files for OpenRails, so please don't ask! I have read elsewhere that the log files doesn't show anything to do with enabling the AI traffic.

Cityrail-Rulez

Back to top Go down

AI traffic NOT showing in activities? Empty Re: AI traffic NOT showing in activities?

Post  slipperman12 Thu 11 Apr 2024, 10:56 am

Hi,
If you do not have the required models in your TRAINSET folder, AI trains will not show!
PLEASE enable logging in Open Rails because it will show any/all missing models.

There is nothing in Open Rails to "switch on" the AI trains.  Assuming that you haven't modified the activities you're trying to run, in ANY way, there is no logical reason why you don't see the AI trains.

The default activities don't have many AI trains because, in 2001/2, PCs weren't so powerful as they are today.

Please give the name of an activity and its route, where you think you should be seeing AI trains, but don't.  I'm sure one of us will be able to help Smile

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : If, for whatever reason, you don't want to use the OpenRails log, you can check your activities using my MSTS_ActMan utility.  Don't be misled by 'MSTS' in its name as most activities written for OR follow the same conventions. It is available from 'Slipperman12' page in this site's library, from trainsim.com and elvastower.com as msts_actman_v4-1.zip.

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

AI traffic NOT showing in activities? Empty Re: AI traffic NOT showing in activities?

Post  Cityrail-Rulez Fri 12 Apr 2024, 5:35 am

slipperman12 wrote:Hi,
If you do not have the required models in your TRAINSET folder, AI trains will not show!
PLEASE enable logging in Open Rails because it will show any/all missing models.

There is nothing in Open Rails to "switch on" the AI trains.  Assuming that you haven't modified the activities you're trying to run, in ANY way, there is no logical reason why you don't see the AI trains.

The default activities don't have many AI trains because, in 2001/2, PCs weren't so powerful as they are today.

Please give the name of an activity and its route, where you think you should be seeing AI trains, but don't.  I'm sure one of us will be able to help Smile

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : If, for whatever reason, you don't want to use the OpenRails log, you can check your activities using my MSTS_ActMan utility.  Don't be misled by 'MSTS' in its name as most activities written for OR follow the same conventions. It is available from 'Slipperman12' page in this site's library, from trainsim.com and elvastower.com as msts_actman_v4-1.zip.

Hi Ged, thanks for your reply!

The route I was driving is the Tokyo - Hakone activity: Shinjuku to Hon-Atsugi in the summer. I just drove it again, I probably should had driven for a few stops more to start seeing traffic on the route. It's certainly working, I was a bit confused as I haven't played any MSTS and OpenRails for about 3 or 4 years now. I had completely forgot!

So, overall! Yes AI traffic is working Wink Thanks heaps for your reply Cool Cool

Cityrail-Rulez

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down