Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3D cab only

5 posters

Go down

3D cab only  Empty 3D cab only

Post  coolhand101 Wed 21 Feb 2024, 12:22 am

Hi
I have a loco that has a 2D cab and 3D cab. I only want to view the 3D cab without the 2D cab, but the instructions in OR to omit the 2D cab is a bit vague. Can anyone assist?

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

3D cab only  Empty Re: 3D cab only

Post  darwins Wed 21 Feb 2024, 6:52 am

Do you see both? I have steam locos with a 3-D cab, they also have a 2-D cab listed in the eng file, but I never see the 2-D cab as the 3-D cab takes priority.

darwins

Back to top Go down

Post  tonya37 Wed 21 Feb 2024, 8:27 am

Alt-1 toggles between the 2D and 3D cabs

tonya37

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Wed 21 Feb 2024, 10:34 am

Hi

I want to omit the 2D cab completely and only use the 3D cab. So when I press the "1" view, the 3D cab is the only cab view available?

The loco in question is the Class 73, using Geoff's 3D cab.

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Wed 21 Feb 2024, 10:38 am

darwins wrote:Do you see both? I have steam locos with a 3-D cab, they also have a 2-D cab listed in the eng file, but I never see the 2-D cab as the 3-D cab takes priority.

Just reread your post. When you say the 3-D cab takes priority, is this using the "ALT+1" key ?

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Post  darwins Wed 21 Feb 2024, 11:01 am

No. Never heard about Alt+I until now. So I probably never see the 2D cab, because I never press that key combination!

What happens if you assign a non-existent 2D cab view?

darwins

Back to top Go down

Post  Tary5 Wed 21 Feb 2024, 6:00 pm

Hi coolhand101.

Not the class 73 I know but hopefully the principle will be the same.

I have removed the 2-D cab by changing the CABVIEW parameter from:-

CabView ( "..\\..\\MT_common.cabs\\Class37Cab\\mt_dd_class_37.cvf" )

to

Cabview ( )

The 3-D cabview entry is unchanged.

Terry W.

Tary5

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Wed 21 Feb 2024, 7:17 pm

darwins wrote:No. Never heard about Alt+I until now. So I probably never see the 2D cab, because I never press that key combination!

What happens if you assign a non-existent 2D cab view?

Hi

ALT+"1" is the key to switch to the 3D cab from the 2D cab. The "1" switches to the 2D cab. This is when the loco has both 2D and 3D cabs.

OR crashes with I omit the 2D cab line from the ENG file.

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Wed 21 Feb 2024, 7:22 pm

Tary5 wrote:Hi coolhand101.

Not the class 73 I know but hopefully the principle will be the same.

I have removed the 2-D cab by changing the CABVIEW parameter from:-

CabView ( "..\\..\\MT_common.cabs\\Class37Cab\\mt_dd_class_37.cvf" )

to

Cabview ( )

The 3-D cabview entry is unchanged.

Terry W.

Hi

Thanks. I was omitting the whole cabview line from the ENG file. The exact entry you posted is what I need to have only the 3D cab and OR not crashing.

Is this syntax in the OR manual? I never saw it?

Thanks again

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Post  Tary5 Wed 21 Feb 2024, 7:40 pm

Hi again Coolhand101

You wrote:-
"Is this syntax in the OR manual? I never saw it?"
The truthful answer is "I don't know"
I originally tried:- Cabview ( "" ) That worked also. The logical next step was to remove the quotes from the brackets and as we know that works also.
I'm glad it solved the problem for you.

all the best

TW

Tary5

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Wed 21 Feb 2024, 7:46 pm

Hi

So the modified cabview entry in the ENG file allows the "1" key to use the 3D cab when no 2D cab is available.

However, I am still getting a similar OR crash when switching cabs with this Trainset configuration  :

Class 73 loco ( 3D cab )
7 mk2f coaches
Class 489 GLV ( 2D cab )

When I switch from the class 73 to the class 489. The 2D cab does not appear until I press the "1" key.
When I switch from the Class 489(2D cab)  to the Class 73(3D cab), the crash occurs with this OR entry :

Code:

Error: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Orts.Viewer3D.CabCamera.SetCameraCar(TrainCar car) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Cameras.cs:line 1911
   at Orts.Viewer3D.CabCamera.OnActivate(Boolean sameCamera) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Cameras.cs:line 1891
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Camera.Activate() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Cameras.cs:line 131
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Viewer.ChangeCab() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Viewer.cs:line 1516
   at Orts.Viewer3D.ChangeCabCommand.Redo() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Commands.cs:line 106
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Viewer.HandleUserInput(ElapsedTime elapsedTime) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Viewer.cs:line 919
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Viewer.Update(RenderFrame frame, Single elapsedRealTime) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Viewer.cs:line 703
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.GameStateViewer3D.Update(RenderFrame frame, Double totalRealSeconds) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\GameStateViewer3D.cs:line 121
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.UpdaterProcess.Update() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\UpdaterProcess.cs:line 128
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.UpdaterProcess.DoUpdate() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\UpdaterProcess.cs:line 108
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.UpdaterProcess.UpdaterThread() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable (git)\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\UpdaterProcess.cs:line 74
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

As I'm using an older OR version, I cannot really post this in the Bug section over at the ET forums. So can anyone try a trainset with only a 3D cab one end, and only a 2D cab the other end. This just to see if this bug is already fixed in the newer versions of OR.

I haven't been able to update OR since March 2019 as I'm still using windowsXP ( yes I know Embarassed )

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Post  Tary5 Wed 21 Feb 2024, 8:00 pm

Hi
I'm afraid I cannot do anything tonight but will set up a test in the morning and see what can be achieved.
Cheers
TW

Tary5

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Wed 21 Feb 2024, 8:37 pm

Tary5 wrote:Hi
I'm afraid I cannot do anything tonight  but will set up a test in the morning and see what can be achieved.
Cheers
TW

No problem. Many thanks for assisting on this matter!
Thanks
Gary

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 21 Feb 2024, 10:57 pm

Hi Gentlemen,
This is a subject I've not really looked into, so I took this opportunity Smile

I get the same error message using the Stable v1.5.1,  Testing T1.5.1-866 and ORNYMG 148 versions of OR when trying to switch from a 3D cab to a 2D cab.
I've carried out various configurations, but all with the same result!

If you don't want to use a 2D cabview for the Class 489, may I suggest using the Class 319 3D cab for it. It's available from Geoff's page of the TSSH library.
Its installation procedure is a little different to that for the Class 73 but I modified it to use the common.cab folder.

It crossed my mind that OR might not like switching cabs between diesel and electric locos, but that'll be a job for another day!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Tary5 Thu 22 Feb 2024, 9:24 am

Hi Gary & Ged,
And sorry you still have a problem. Whilst the “fix” Cabview ( ) worked ok in testing and unstable versions of OR I agree with yourself and Ged that it caused the stable version 1.5.1 to fail. I also had the the same error message in the log.
The best result I have found so far albeit with mixed results depending on which items of stock I tested
Is as follows:-
Ensure that the 3D cab folder for your loco of choice is located in that locos stock folder.
Open the relevant .eng file and scroll down to the Cabview entry in the engine section leaving the 3d cab entry in the wagon section unaltered
Change the original cabview entry in the engine section to point to the 3d file folder in the locos stock folder and the the .cvf you wish to use.
like this CabView ( Cabview3d\\Class73cab_E.cvf )
A lot depends on which class 73 you are trying to modify. I have had differing results with different stock.
If this does not do the trick for you I am happy to take a look at whichever items of stock are causing a problem. Either list the UKTS file numbers along with the name of route and the relevant consist you are using on this forum or pm me the same if you wish. The OR version number you are using would be useful too.
Good luck
Terry

Tary5

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Thu 22 Feb 2024, 10:30 pm

Hi all

Thanks for testing this problem.

Even if the class 73 is pointing to the CVF in the 3d cabview folder( is this the correct syntax entry? ), the crash is still occurring when switching from 3D to 2D and back to the 3D cab.

The only way to stop this crash, is to add the 2D cab entry back to the ENG file of the Class 73. Or as Ged said, add another 3D cab to the 2D loco(GLV).

This has to be a general bug that has slipped through all the OR versions. ATM, it appears you cannot have a 3D only cab, if rest of the trainset has a 2D cab and you switch between the two!

The Trainset in question is the Gatwick express Class 73 and the Gatwick M2F coaches with the GLV as an ENG file. But this bug should happen with any 3D cab ENG with a 2D cab ENG in the same consist and vice-versa.

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum