Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strife in Stanstead Abbotts

2 posters

Go down

Strife in Stanstead Abbotts Empty Strife in Stanstead Abbotts

Post  Welwyn22 Sun 16 Jul 2023, 5:27 pm

Back in the late-2000s I went through quite a lot. Already having undergone a traumatic inter-continental move at the end of primary school, I then lost a friend who meant more to me than anyone else ever had. To try and cope with all of this, I decided to start writing my own escape from reality. It wasn't very good, I'll admit. However, just recently I decided to revive the project I started with a new title, new plot and some great new ideas.

The story introduces us to Robin Brush, an eleven-year old boy who faces the same things that most train enthusiasts face at that age. Being bullied for his hobbies, for his emotional longing for his only friend who moved away some time ago, and even for stuff that he doesn't understand. He hates conflict, as every time it occurs it's a physically painful experience. A glimmer of hope appears in Robin's life when new neighbours move in, with a boy named Timothy who likes trains too! However this comes with its own set of problems. Timothy is several years younger than Robin, and not everyone approves of their friendship. Even worse, Robin's tormentors start to make fun of Timothy too. Robin just can't understand why he is so different from everyone else.
When Robin starts high school his struggles are finally noticed by his teachers, and a referral gives him hope that he just might find some solutions to his problems. Finally, Robin has to make a difficult choice about his friendship with Timothy.

The story is set in the summer of 2005, mostly taking place in the vicinity of the Hertford East branch line. Right now, the story is still a work-in-progress. I have it posted on Scribblehub under this title if anyone is curious enough to give it a read.

Welwyn22

https://www.youtube.com/welwyn22

Back to top Go down

Strife in Stanstead Abbotts Empty Strife in Stanstead Abbotts

Post  RIGFindlay Mon 17 Jul 2023, 3:09 pm

Sounds good. Keep going.

Good luck.

Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum