Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thames - Trent v2 activities in V3.

3 posters

Go down

Thames - Trent v2 activities in V3. Empty Thames - Trent v2 activities in V3.

Post  IsambardKingdomBrunel Thu 06 Jul 2023, 12:44 pm

Is there anyway that TT v2 activities can be run in v3, does anyone know please ?

There seem to be a heck of a lot more of them for v2 than supplied with v3.

Two main errors that OR throws up are, "Not same route" and "Starting at & Heading to missing"

Mike.
IsambardKingdomBrunel
IsambardKingdomBrunel

Back to top Go down

Thames - Trent v2 activities in V3. Empty Re: Thames - Trent v2 activities in V3.

Post  slipperman12 Thu 06 Jul 2023, 1:07 pm

Hi Mike,
The track database (.tdb) has probably changed between v2 and v3.
If so, v2 activities may not work in v3 without recreating the paths, BUT, you can always try by changing the 'RouteID' entry in the .act file from  Thames_Trent_Version_2 to Thames_Trent_Version_3.

Obviously, you cannot install a v2 activity into Thames Trent v3 using the .apk file directly, but if you use my APKExtractor to create a .zip file of the activity, unpack it, modify the .act file (as above), then copy the Activity, Paths, Services and Traffic folders into the Thames Trent v3 route folder, and the Consists folder into the TRAINS folder. . CAVEAT : Do not allow any files to be overwritten without further investigation!    As mentioned above, it may not work but no damage will be caused and you can delete the added files.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

IsambardKingdomBrunel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Thames - Trent v2 activities in V3. Empty Re: Thames - Trent v2 activities in V3.

Post  IsambardKingdomBrunel Thu 06 Jul 2023, 3:04 pm

Hi Ged, thanks very much for coming to the rescue again. I will certainly try your suggestion, in regards changing the route ID in the activities.

I have v2 backed up on a DVD, so all the activities are unpacked thank you. I would only install v3 ones, from here on buddy, thanks.

Speaking of your APKExtractor, this is why i just came to the forum. An activity file i downloaded on ukts, only came as an apk. It's for MEP and as i only run OR, no way as far as i know to install it.

Without unpacking it first, so thank you for another essential utility OK

As always your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Mike.
IsambardKingdomBrunel
IsambardKingdomBrunel

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 06 Jul 2023, 4:17 pm

Hi Mike,
Glad to be of help, mate  Smile

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  IsambardKingdomBrunel Thu 06 Jul 2023, 8:52 pm

Hi Ged, renaming the route ID worked a treat, thank you.

53 of the 54 v2 activities, have a clean bill of health in v3.

Also APKExtractor worked a treat, with the MEP apk file.

The player loco is reported as missing though, by OR.

But as there isn't a readme or install txt with the file.

It's anyone's guess, as to what it could be.

Thanks again buddy.

Regards,
Mike.
IsambardKingdomBrunel
IsambardKingdomBrunel

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 06 Jul 2023, 9:56 pm

Hi Mike,
Well! That's good news!!

It's strange that there's a missing  or wrongly named Player loco.  If you can tell me the name of the activity, please, I'll have a look at it.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Fri 07 Jul 2023, 2:50 am

Back at the beginning of the year I was in the middle of making a pack of 30 (yes, that's right thirty) LMS era activities for Thames-Trent V3. These were a simple drive from A to B type with NO AI traffic at this stage - I had intended to update to V2 with AI traffic at a later date.

HOWEVER, a spanner was thrown into the works by the announcement that UKTS would be closing FOREVER in mid-1923.

I stopped development on this activity pack to do a thorough check on what effect the loss of LMS stock from UKTS would have on these activities. An examination shows that around 85% of the required stock to run these activities would become UNavailable after UKTS closes.

Accordingly, unless some decision can be made regarding use of 'so called copyrighted' stock can be made, I have reluctantly decided not to continue with this activity pack as a public download. In my own Installation, I have 20 odd years of LMS stock download - it is such a shame that so much will be lost when UKTS closes.

Regards, Brian

"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
ShortNorth
ShortNorth

http://shortnorth.steam4me.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  IsambardKingdomBrunel Fri 07 Jul 2023, 12:59 pm

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Mike,
Well! That's good news!!

It's strange that there's a missing  or wrongly named Player loco.  If you can tell me the name of the activity, please, I'll have a look at it.

Cheers,
Ged

Hi Ged,

Excellent news indeed buddy, thank you.

That is very kind of you. It says the loco from the player consist is missing, D5541.

Which i downloaded from UKTS, but it must be the wrong D5541.

It is 277 Diagram Ged........... https://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-info.php?form_fileid=40893

I really should stick to one game and not get side tracked with, Trainz, TSC, etc. Then learn how to do stuff for myself again, most of which i have forgotten from the early days of MSTS.

Thank you for your further help.

Regards,
Mike.
IsambardKingdomBrunel
IsambardKingdomBrunel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down