Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ME +

3 posters

Go down

ME + Empty ME +

Post  neanderthal Wed 21 Jun 2023, 6:44 pm

A quick question, "Is it possible to load ME+ from the CD, but not as a Mini Route".I have tried and tried to D/L it but keep failing as I cannot understand how to do it. I have the same problem with the "S&D" though I do do have the Scottish up and running,(probably because I had it backed up.. affraid affraid

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

ME + Empty Re: ME +

Post  slipperman12 Wed 21 Jun 2023, 7:33 pm

Hi Roger,
It may be a quick question, but the answer is a little longer!!
The answer is 'Yes' but with one big proviso - you MUST have MSTS properly, fully installed because a large number of files are copied from that installation.
As you've posted this in an Open Rails Forum, I will assume that you want to run it with OR.

Let the CD install - you can specify a 'working' folder to hold it.
When it's installed, READ the Mini-Loader readme because you HAVE to run its 'Unstore' option  as all the activities and consist files are set with extension 'off'.
When 'Unstore' completes, quit out of the Mini-Loader.

You can now copy the GLOBAL, ROUTES, SOUND and TRAINS folders to wherever you want to run them with Open Rails.

If I've got it wrong and you DO want to run it in MSTS, you MUST set it up as a mini-route because some default files are changed.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

ME + Empty Many Thanks.

Post  neanderthal Thu 22 Jun 2023, 6:44 pm

Hello Ged, you won't believe how happy you have made me.Following your instructions I now have ME+ up and running in OR,and I think it's an improvement on MSTS (you never thought you'd hear me say that!).Sadly UKTS has done a runner again, so I doubt I'll bother to replace the missing ACTS, but to be fair I'm happy with what I've got. I will now try to regain the basic S&D in the same way which will give me 3 running Mini routes (again).   P.S. I don't understand what I did to lose the 2 Mini routes because the Scottish is still up and running (but thats another story), Diolch yn fawr, Roger. BowDown

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 22 Jun 2023, 6:53 pm

Hi Roger,
Less of that language, PLEASE!! Smile

UKTS is still running!  I was using it this afternoon without any problem.

I don't know if I can legally offer you any missing activities, but I'm currently downloading everything that I don't already have (and keeping two copies of them!!)

Glad to be able to help, mate!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

ME + Empty OOps

Post  neanderthal Sat 24 Jun 2023, 2:42 pm

So hello all,I have done exactly the same with the S&D (mini route) as I did with ME+, but there is a difference, S&D wont work.
The load screen comes on, but after I while I get the Error Message .

Open Rails 1.5.1
an essential file is missing and OR cannot continue.

C:\s&d\Routes\SDJR\Sound|ingame.sms

Well thats as close as I can remember anyway.  As it is taken from the CD I'm not sure at what point I have missed these files.

any help greatly appreciated ..Neanderthal PC User... Roger.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 24 Jun 2023, 3:34 pm

Hi Roger,
It looks as if the installer has not copied all the required files from your default MSTS installation. (You DID install directly from the CD, didn't you?)

Were any messages displayed during installation?

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

ME + Empty Late Reply

Post  neanderthal Tue 27 Jun 2023, 11:17 am

Sorry to be so long in replying Ged,everything thing seems to be happening at once. No message came up apart from what I've already said.
So I uninstalled it and tried again, this time it appears to be working, but obviously not as it should.

ME + Open_r33
ME + Open_r33

So unless I've managed to do something wrong, even though it downloaded straight from the CD, I don't think its worth me keeping it (unless there's an easy fix.
(and remember,with me it would need to be an easy fix..)

On a different subject, If I can get a version of Context is there an easy way of downloading it and syncing it (if that's the word) to my Train Sim...
Sorry to be a pain but I've tried to get it B4 but couldn't understand what to do !  Thanks

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 27 Jun 2023, 2:01 pm

Hi Roger,
If you're referring to the 'blocky' smoke, that might be because you are missing file smokemain.ace from the GLOBAL/TEXTURES folder. If so, copy it from any other installation.

Referring to ConText, that is available here :   https://www.contexteditor.org/downloads/
I don't think it's still being developed so just download the first version in the list.
There's a useful tutorial on its use on the Steam4Me site - https://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/context.html
This includes a link to a highlighter for MSTS but note there might be a better one in trainsim.com library - contexta.zip (but I've not tried it!)

Instead of Context, you may like to try NotePad++ which many MSTS/ORTS users seem to use; it's available here : https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/

You don't "sync" ConText or NotePad++ with Train Sim.  When you've installed the editor, it will appear in the 'right-click' menu  which enables a selected file to be displayed using it.
Alternatively, you can right-click a file, select 'Properties', then change the 'Opens with' entry to be your selected editor.  Then, all you need do is double-click the file and it will open in that editor.
It's much easier to do than write!!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Wed 28 Jun 2023, 9:32 am

Thanks Ged,smoke sorted......I have put context on, but when it comes on it doesn't show Line Numbers, and all the lines of Text are on the left side of the page written as a sentence ?
ME + Cont10
ME + Open_r34

Not much smoke I know but train was cruising at 60 mph... LOL

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 28 Jun 2023, 10:52 am

Hi Roger,
Line numbers in ConText :

Options > Environment Options > Editor.  About halfway down list, check the 'Line numbers' box. Click 'Apply' then exit the program.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Wed 28 Jun 2023, 6:28 pm

thank you Ged !I'd never have found that.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

ME + Empty Jumped the gun on me+

Post  neanderthal Tue 04 Jul 2023, 11:56 am

Well I was so chuffed to have ME+ running that I didn't check everything through all the acts.

I'm in trouble with the DMU's ( Craven 105's)
At the start the Train Driving info box shows  
Engine                                    RUNNING... and off I go, but the second I stop the train at next Station I get        Engine                              STOPPED
Battery Switch                        ON...                                                                                                                           Battery Switch                 ON
Master key                              ON....                                                                                                                          Master Key                      ON
Traction Cut off relay            CLOSED.....                                                                                                                Traction Cut off Relay      OPEN
Electric Train Supply            ON                                                                                                                                Electric Train supply        Off
Power                                    ON                                                                                                                               Power                                 Off

The only way to get going appears to be "Press" Alt & A,when everything returns to Normal, until you stop again (for any reason) ???
ANY Ideas what I have done wrong would be greatly appreciated (other Trains all appear to work Normally.) lol! Thanks Neanderthal.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  Tary5 Tue 04 Jul 2023, 5:27 pm

Hi Roger,

and it is not you that has done anything wrong.

I'm in trouble with the DMU's ( Craven 105's)

I presume you are refering to file MEP-Cravens105 containing:-
MEP-Cravens105
MEP-Cravens105R

Both of these files contain date that will make Open Rails unhappy. Unfortunatly the easiest "fix" I can come up with will require some .eng file editing as follows:-

MEP-Cravens105

Find the following data blocks and change as shown

Wagon section
Find
BrakeEquipmentType ( "Vacuum_brake, Handbrake" )
BrakeSystemType ( "Air_single_pipe" )
MaxBrakeForce( 25kN )
BrakeCylinderPressureForMaxBrakeBrakeForce( 10.35 )

and change to

BrakeEquipmentType ( "Vacuum_brake, Handbrake" )
BrakeSystemType ( "Vacuum_single_pipe" )
MaxBrakeForce( 25kN )
BrakeCylinderPressureForMaxBrakeBrakeForce( 10.35 )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

engine section

find
BrakesEngineBrakeType( "Vacuum_twin_pipe" )
BrakesTrainBrakeType( "Vacuum_twin_pipe" )
BrakesEngineControllers( "Hand, Train" )

and change to

BrakesEngineBrakeType( "Vacuum_single_pipe" )
BrakesTrainBrakeType( "Vacuum_single_pipe" )
BrakesEngineControllers( "Hand, Train" )

find
DieselEngineType ( hydraulic )

and change to

DieselEngineType ( Mechanical )

DieselEngineIdleRPM( 1 )
DieselEngineStallRPM( 100 )
DieselEngineMaxRPM( 1800 )
DieselEngineSpeedOfMaxTractiveEffort( 13mph )
DieselEngineMaxRPMChangeRate( 18000 )

and change to

DieselEngineIdleRPM( 400 )
DieselEngineMaxRPMChangeRate ( 50 )

find
DieselEngineIdleRPM( 1 )

and change to

MEP-Cravens105R

Do the same as above.

The AI versions of the files should be changed also.

It would be a good idea to back up any files you are going to work on prior to any editing.

Good luck and let us know how you fare, although I will not be at the computer to respond for several weeks after tomorrow.

Terry W.

Tary5

IsambardKingdomBrunel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Tary5 Tue 04 Jul 2023, 5:31 pm

Hi again Roger

For some reason the last block of data has duplicate itself?????

Should only read

Find
DieselEngineIdleRPM( 1 )

and change to

TW

Tary5

neanderthal and IsambardKingdomBrunel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum