Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So it's unclear ?

4 posters

Go down

So it's unclear ? Empty So it's unclear ?

Post  neanderthal Mon 27 Mar 2023, 10:48 am

Now then to go back a step or three I'm having problems again, two of which are Activities on the Huddersfield route.
Clayton west  to Lockwood tells me that Loco   DR-L&Y-CL27-1300  is missing;
Hillhouse to Healey Mills says Loco DR-L&Y-CL25-957 is likewise also missing.
Both of which do appear in my Trainset file though, I've obviously done something wrong as they are not showing up ,any ideas gratefully accepted.

Finally I also appear to need MR 1033 > but haven't a clue where to look for it ? any ideas where I should look for it (UKTS seems not to have it, But then again I may be entering the Search wrongly.)

PS Thanks very much for the Routes Stoke/Notts and Black Country 1920,very interesting.  Thanks Roger.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

So it's unclear ? Empty Re: So it's unclear ?

Post  slipperman12 Mon 27 Mar 2023, 11:25 am

Hi Roger,
I don't have those activities installed, but can you double-check the locos you appear to be missing?
My TRAINSET folder has DR_L&Y_CL25_957.eng > note underlines, not hyphens and the same applies to DR_L&Y_CL27_1300.eng

MR_1033 (not MR 1033!) is from Pat Daltons' LMSR pack - either the UKTS CD or the 22 downloads, UKTS_16915 to UKTS_16936. This pack is included in the requirements for running the Huddersfield route but note there may be differences between the folder names of stock in the CD and download versions.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Mon 27 Mar 2023, 11:56 am

Hello Ged Aha,yes indeed so does mine, that was my error in the post, it is indeed Underlines .Maybe though I've hit on the problem as I cannot make Consists, that could be the problem.Thanks though for your very speedy reply. Roger.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 27 Mar 2023, 1:49 pm

Hi Roger,
If you're running published activities, all the necessary consists should be supplied, so why the need to create any?.
... but, that poses another question - Why can't you create consists?
Assuming you don't have the payware ConBuilder, there's the free ConBuilder v2.4.9 I uploaded, together with the consist editors included in Route_Riter and TSRE5.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Mon 27 Mar 2023, 2:25 pm

I've tried a few times to D/L/Install it but always ended up in defeat.I get so far then it tells me it cannot find MSTS, so as usual I gave up on trying. (Even I don't know where MSTS is installed as it doesn't appear anywhere on my C Drive). But to be honest in my case thats probably a very lucky thing. I will just delete the acts that don't work to be on the safe side.. Thanks for your help Roger.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 27 Mar 2023, 3:25 pm

AHH!!  Most MSTS utilities need to 'know' where the default MSTS installation is located.
I assume that you do not have MSTS installed and that you only run Open Rails.
If that is so, you have a couple of options :
1. Use the Consist Editor in TSRE5.  If you've downloaded and installed it, you should have a batch file - ConsistEditor.bat - which, when run, will ask you to locate an installation.
2. If you have ConBuilder and/or Route_Riter installed, you can use my MSTS_Swap utility.  In the absence of a valid MSTS Registry entry, it will create a 'skeleton' entry which will satisfy the requirements of Route_Riter and ConBuilder.  If you have those and a number of other MSTS utilities installed, the utility will automatically link to them (using their Registry entries) and allow you to use them. Many require that train.exe is present so if it's missing, a 'dummy' will be created.  The readme contains full details.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Tue 28 Mar 2023, 7:56 pm

Loco DR-L&Y-CL25-957 is likewise also missing....Ok so all else apart I don't understand why I can find this in my Trainset trains file the route still says it is "missing" loco.

I will try to download your "Swap" file and see what happens, but as you know I'm not PC savvy, and it will probably end in Tears (for me).
As I have said,"if its in my transet file why? does it say it's missing"

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 28 Mar 2023, 9:33 pm

In my Trainset that folder is named DR_L&Y_CL25_957!

Note the "underscore" as distinct from the "hyphen"!

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 28 Mar 2023, 9:44 pm

Hi Roger,
If  folder DR_L&Y_CL25_957 (please note underlines, NOT hyphens) is in your TRAINSET folder, it should contain file DR_L&Y_CL25_957.eng (also with underline characters!) the only reason it will be shown as "missing" is if the consist or activity is 'looking for' a file with hyphens instead of underlines.

Can you tell me which activity, is reporting the loco as missing?

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : Thanks, Alec - you posted while I was composing Smile

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Wed 29 Mar 2023, 9:55 am

Good morning Ged, sorry to be so slow in getting back to you'. I put the Hyphens in my Post, but in fact they are all underlined.as you said.
The acts are  a)   G Clayton West - Lockwood, and b) G Hillhouse to Healey M.

I'm pretty sure its something I've entered incorrectly, but thank you for your interest. Roger..

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 29 Mar 2023, 4:27 pm

As far as I can tell DR_L&Y_CL25_957 doesn't appear to be used anywhere in "G Clayton West - Lockwood", but is used in "G Hillhouse to Healey M" as the main locomotive.
My trainset for this route, based on the TSSH recent upload by Brian, has DR_L&Y_CL25_957!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 29 Mar 2023, 4:35 pm

Mmmm . . . should have delved a bit deeper! The fault lies with the CONSIST for activity "G Hillhouse to Healey M"!

Whilst it calls for engine and tender files for DR_L&Y_CL25_957, it indicates that the trainset folder is LY_CLASS25_0_6_0!!!!

Therefore it is necessary to amend the CONSIST (L&Y_G_VansPartFitted) to call for the folder DR_L&Y_CL25_957.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Wed 29 Mar 2023, 6:43 pm

Hello Alec, Do you mean I have to alter one or both of these lines,or am I looking in the wrong place anyway?
as usual !
So it's unclear ? Ly11

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 29 Mar 2023, 10:00 pm

Based on my trainset and consist you need to change LY_CLASS25_0_6_0 to DR_L&Y_CL25_957 in the consist.

Please check that your trainset has the folder DR_L&Y_CL25_957.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Thu 30 Mar 2023, 7:47 pm

Thank you both Alec and Ged, I was getting nowhere with what I suppose to most Members is nothing more than a little glitch.
Alec a special thank you for the Wagons on here to down load.
So it's unclear ? 2ly10
Lovely to have it working at last.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Fri 31 Mar 2023, 9:07 am

I have noted the problem regarding the folder naming of Dave Robinson's 3 LYR goods locos, class 23, 25 and 27. I have investigated this and the error goes back over 15 years when I renamed the folders to 'standardise' my Trainset. When I did that all those years ago, I had no idea I would be releasing routes with Activities, and simply used what was in my own Trainset.

I am currently making sets of 'corrected' Activities for the Huddersfield and Environs and the LYR Heartland routes (Black Country and Stoke-Nottingham are not affected). These will use DR's default folder and file naming, so should eliminate any errors.

The new Activity packs will be uploaded to TSSH sometime over the next week or so. When downloaded, simply copy the new files into the relevant folder, over-writing the old ones, and then everything should run as intended.

"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
ShortNorth
ShortNorth

http://shortnorth.steam4me.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Fri 31 Mar 2023, 9:36 am

We thank you very much indeed for the released Routes,and they run very nicely. The problems were more with me than anything else as I'm very bad at altering files. Roger

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Tue 04 Apr 2023, 8:06 pm

So thinking how clever am I ,I've found I'm not; But I'm learning!
On L&Y Heartland .. Activity G Wigan-Aintree I find Two Trains passing in the opposite direction with no Loco's attached
.So it's unclear ? Open_r31.
So could anyone please just point out to me how I'd go about finding these missing locomotives please !

May I add that, to anyone wondering whether or not to download this Route it is really good,I'll say no more. Very Happy

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 04 Apr 2023, 9:46 pm

Hi Roger,
The OR log should indicate which locos it's having trouble displaying!

Have you found the log?  It should be on your Desktop - make sure that 'Logging' is ticked on the Open Rails menu screen (next to the 'Start' button).

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Wed 05 Apr 2023, 3:39 am

I did state a few days ago that I was making 'corrected' activities - these were sent to Justin a few days ago - however, due to his workload they will not be available for download until the weekend.

When they are available, download them and install them over the old files, and all your current problems should be solved. So, please stop 'fiddling' with the current activities and wait until the corrected ones are available.

"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Fri 07 Apr 2023, 5:35 am

Please note that the corrected Huddersfield 1920 and Heartland 1920 Activity Packs are now available for download from the TSSH file library.

Download, then un-zip to a temporary folder, then copy and paste the files into the route folders, making sure you over-write the old files - that's all there is to it - all the activities should work correctly after this update is installed.

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum