Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SlimCleaner?

2 posters

Go down

SlimCleaner? Empty SlimCleaner?

Post  rufuskins Tue 18 Oct 2016, 8:25 pm

Recently Malwarebytes has flagged SlimCleaner as a PUP. I believe it is some sort of utility? However I have not knowingly downloaded this utility, and can only assume it has arrived by "piggy back"! The first time Malwarebytes quarantined this and I duly completed the removal from within Malwarebytes, but this evening Malwarebytes flagged it up again and quarantined it, etc.
Is there anyone out there who has come across this, and if so were they able to remove it completely. There are several guides indicated on YouTube, but some include downloading a removal tool, which I am reluctant to do for obvious reasons. I shall look at the internet again later this evening.

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

SlimCleaner? Empty Re: SlimCleaner?

Post  slipperman12 Tue 18 Oct 2016, 9:10 pm

Hi Alec,
I've never heard of it, but this what their website says :
What it does: SlimCleaner Free is the first software to use social networking for PC repair and optimization.
SlimCleaner Free combines the industry’s fastest PC cleaning engine with a community of users who provide real-time feedback to improve computer performance. SlimCleaner Free uses social networking and community-sourced feedback to tell people what’s on their computer, and what they can do about it: it’s like having an army of tech-savvy geeks helping consumers maintain their machines.
Seems like a load of rubbish to me!! They also have a SlimCleaner Plus specifically for laptops.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum