Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Braking issues with Southeast Route (Diesel and Steam)

2 posters

Go down

Braking issues with  Southeast Route (Diesel and Steam)  Empty Braking issues with Southeast Route (Diesel and Steam)

Post  andrew moody Thu 28 Jan 2016, 12:18 am

Can anyone please tell me how to use the train brake correctly with open rails? I can not get the brakes to apply or release properly.
I have tried two activities one being the DG The Hastings Line, At first arriving and departing Sevenoaks was no problem and I could apply and release the brake to maintain
the 50mph speed limit going through the tunnel, but after that both at Hildenborough and Tonbridge the only way I could apply the brake was by putting it into emergency
which means I cannot stop in the right place, I either stop short or over run the platform and then it takes ages for the brake to recharge. making it impossible to run the activity.
The other activity I have tried is the WAL Ashford to London Bridge wirh Battle of Britain 34082, Again the vacuum brake does not respond, Resulting in either stopping short or a station over run.
Are there any settings I need to change or is Southeast not compatable with O R ?

Any help very much appreciated.
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Braking issues with  Southeast Route (Diesel and Steam)  Empty Re: Braking issues with Southeast Route (Diesel and Steam)

Post  StephenRWells Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:50 pm

Hi Andy,

There is no problem with South East, or any other MSTS route, running in OR. The problem lies with the eng. files which are written for MSTS and while some work well in OR others don't. If you search the various posts which have been done on this subject you should find some answers ( sorry, I'm not very good in telling people where to search ). Once suitably modified the brakes should work well.

There is another peculiarity which I have found which is that sometimes when stopping at a station the actual arrival time isn't triggered. The solution is to release the brakes until the arrival time is triggered and then slightly apply them.
Also there are some signals which display a false aspect, however the correct one is shown in the Track Monitor

Hope this is of some help,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Braking issues with  Southeast Route (Diesel and Steam)  Empty Re: Braking issues with Southeast Route (Diesel and Steam)

Post  andrew moody Fri 29 Jan 2016, 1:23 am

Hello Stephen.
I have also had some corospondence on the UKTS site.
Think I will stay with MSTS .
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down