Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not getting started

3 posters

Go down

Not getting started Empty Not getting started

Post  andrew moody Wed 24 Jun 2015, 10:33 pm

Not getting started
New post andrew moody Today at 10:11 pm

Hello everyone.
Well I have dipped my toe in the water and downloaded OR stable version 1.0 But that's as far as I can get.
Have also downloaded the manual all 206 pages. The getting started page shows a default route (Marias pass I think)
The real version on my computer shows Train Simulator in the top left panel and nothing else all the tick boxes are blanked out.
I currently only have SDJR (MiniRoute) and NW3-0 Routes Downloaded.
Any help appreciated.
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

View user profile Send private message Send e-mail

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Not getting started Empty Re: Not getting started

Post  slipperman12 Wed 24 Jun 2015, 10:52 pm

Hi Andy,
It sounds as if you don't have a 'normal' MSTS installation, or the Registry has some incorrect information.

If you really only have the S&DJR mini-route and, probably, NWE v3.0 set up as a "mini-route", then you need to 'tell' Open Rails where they are. From the Open Rails menu, click on the Options button (bottom, right of centre) then click on the Content tab; you can now add your two non-default installations to OR. Note that you should change the "Name" value to something meaningful!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 25 Jun 2015, 12:16 am

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Andy,
It sounds as if you don't have a 'normal' MSTS installation, or the Registry has some incorrect information.

If you really only have the S&DJR mini-route and, probably,  NWE v3.0 set up as a "mini-route", then you need to 'tell' Open Rails where they are.  From the Open Rails menu, click on the Options button (bottom, right of centre) then click on the Content tab; you can now add your two non-default installations to OR.  Note that you should change the "Name" value to something meaningful!

Cheers,
Ged

Sorry Ged  I really do not understand, what is a normal MSTS installation and registry?, and what should I change the name value to.....All very confusing.

I have NWE v3.0 in the route section of 1MSTS to the best of my knowledge it is correctly installed.
My SDJR MiniRoute is in a seperate file the icon is on the desktop.
I have the OR opened I have pressed options and Content I am now looking at a panel that says,
Name                         Path
Train Simulator      C:\sdjr_MiniRoute

At the bottom I have a installation profile
Path C:\sdjr_MiniRoute
Name Train Simulator
I press OK but nothing happens! What am I doing wrong?
I am really starting to think that I should abandon this Open Rails thing It is totally doing my head in right now, but if we are going  to have activities that can only be run
in open rails and probally routes as well I  do not really want to be left out, because I  do not have the computer skills or know how.
Hope this makes sense.
Cheers
Andy

edit: Just a thought, Do I need to have additional files in my 6 basic routes at the moment I have envFiles,Shapes,
Sound Terr Tex and Textures

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 25 Jun 2015, 10:56 am

Hi Andy,
While you're looking at the Content screen, the Path and Name shown at the bottom is only a repeat of the highlighted profile at the top of the inner window.
Beside "Path" you'll see an Add button and beside "Name" is a Delete button. Ignore the Delete button for now! If you click on the Add button you'll be taken to a normal Windows "Browse for folder" dialogue. You have to navigate to the MSTS root folder (usually Train Simulator) then click on it; it will now appear at the bottom of the list on the Open Rails Options screen and in the Path and Name boxes at the bottom. You can edit the Name box to be something meaningful - it might just say Train Simulator or something equally ambiguous! Then click the OK button.

As the S&DJR is the only profile in your Open Rails list, it sounds as if your "default" MSTS installation is not correctly set up, otherwise OR would have found it. On the other hand, if you don't want to run MSTS and have only set up the files/folders to run Open Rails, then you don't have a problem - just follow the above paragraph to add your NWE installation into Open Rails.

In your basic MSTS setup, as well as the default folders you mentioned, you should also have the root GLOBAL and SOUND folders.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 25 Jun 2015, 1:51 pm

Hi Ged.
I have copied the Global and main Sound files from the main 1MSTS folder to each of the six basic routes.
I have also navigated the browse for folder on the OR Content screen, so as far as i can tell, it should have gone into
the OR correctly.
I am still seeing an empty screen other than the the installation profile which shows
NWE-v3-0 and sdjr_MiniRoute but nothing else.
At this stage Route Activity Locomotive Consist Starting at and Heading to are all blanked off as is start Resume/ replay server and client.
The only boxes that work are activity Timetable Tools Options and in the bottom rh corner Username Andrew
and host port 127.0.0.1:30000

If you recall following an upgrade to Super Broadband I recently had problems with my 1MSTS which I have recently reinstalled per the Steam4me instructions.
This is tedious as I also have to install ukfs_3,1.6 full, ts unpack-fix (run as administrator) Train update, New roads
X tracks UKST pt 1 and pt 2 UKMT_MCS_V1-0, T section V42 steam rep, and steam smoke.

Do I really need to uninstall/reinstall 1 MSTS ?
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Thu 25 Jun 2015, 2:32 pm

Andy, looking at you set-up information you posted above , you say that your path shows as "C:\sdjr_MiniRoute". I believe that this should show as "C:\sdjr_MiniRoute\Train Simulator" (or something similar ending in "Train Simulator") for you consists etc. to show when you start Open Rails. I suggest you try changing it to this.

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 25 Jun 2015, 3:17 pm

dforrest wrote:Andy, looking at you set-up information you posted above , you say that your path shows as "C:\sdjr_MiniRoute".  I believe that this should show as "C:\sdjr_MiniRoute\Train Simulator" (or something similar ending in "Train Simulator") for you consists etc. to show when you start Open Rails.  I suggest you try changing it to this.

Thanks very much David.
Thats got SDJR up and running, Certainly a lot different.
Now I have to try and fathom out, what to do about getting the 1 MSTS to work I currently have NWE_v3.0 as C:1MSTS\Routes\NWE_v3.0.
Clearly this is not the correct path, Please can anyone put me right?
At least I know that OR works OK on my computer.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Thu 25 Jun 2015, 4:14 pm

Probably "C:\1MSTS".

-----------------
David

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 25 Jun 2015, 5:08 pm

dforrest wrote:Probably "C:\1MSTS".

-----------------
David

Embarassed It Was! Embarassed What a difference it makes, Will have to brush up on my driving skills though, a lot more like the real thing.
Many thanks to both David and Ged.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 25 Jun 2015, 6:09 pm

Hi Andy,
Glad you've got it sorted Smile

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : You wrote :
I have copied the Global and main Sound files from the main 1MSTS folder to each of the six basic routes.
It may be how it's written, but you don't put the GLOBAL and SOUND folders from your 1MSTS folder into any route's folder!  They must go into the folder which contains the ROUTES folder. If that is 1MSTS, then you don't need to change it. I still feel that your Registry has incorrect data, if any. If you need any more help, please come back using PM or email.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down