Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My MSTS Content

+6
35005CP
slipperman12
rufuskins
Markh5682
dforrest
rfletcher72
10 posters

Go down

My MSTS Content Empty My MSTS Content

Post  rfletcher72 Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:57 pm

Hello Stranger some might say?  Smile 

This evening, I have begun to remove all my content from UKTS, all simulators inclusive.

The 'site' has forfeited the right to host my content.

Rather than just bin the lot, I am conscious that many would still find it useful and indeed many activities still utilise the various reskins. Plus of course, I feel to walk away with it all would not fair to the numerous friends that I have made via the hobby over the years, some of whom will be on this forum.

So my question is this. What shall I do with it all?

I have downloaded the lot, so it is all safe and sound.

Your advice on this matter will be gratefully received,

Cheers,

Richard
rfletcher72
rfletcher72

Back to top Go down

My MSTS Content Empty Re: My MSTS Content

Post  dforrest Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:01 am

May I ask why you have decided to remove it all?

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  rfletcher72 Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:07 am

dforrest wrote:May I ask why you have decided to remove it all?

Hello Dave,

It is probably best left as 'least said, soonest mended'.

But be assured I have given it some decent thought over the last couple of days or so, so it certainly isn't just a knee-jerk reaction to events,

Cheers,

Richard
rfletcher72
rfletcher72

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:20 am

Hi Richard.

Is uploading it to another site such as trainsim.com an option?

Mark

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  rfletcher72 Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:32 am

Markh5682 wrote:Hi Richard.

Is uploading it to another site such as trainsim.com an option?

Mark

Hello Mark,

I have absolutely no objection to it all going onto another site.

But as to which one, and whether or not they would take it (there is quite a bit), then I am not sure,

Cheers,

Richard
rfletcher72
rfletcher72

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:40 am

Trainsim.com has a huge library of stuff, some of it dates back to the early days of MSTS, I'm sure they would take it, but perhaps not all at once though.  lol!

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:53 am

Richard
I'm very sorry to hear that you are withdrawing your uploads from UKTS, and it's most unfortunate that circumstances have reached this position. Quite rightly the cause of this should remain a matter for your discretion.
As Mark has suggested, Trainsim.com is a potential location for your uploads. I believe that you may be a member of TrainSimDev.com, and therefore wonder whether that is a potential location for the uploads? Another potential location is ElvasTower. I'm not sure what other locations exist within the UK?
In terms of MSTS you are always welcome to post here, where your MSTS knowledge and experience could well benefit others.
Regards,

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:21 pm

Hi Richard,
I, too, am sorry to hear of your decision. Your great quantity of diesels will be sorely missed! Doing a quick check, I see your first upload was an activity in July 2007; the last was in June last year, but, of course, you've probably removed some already! There must be well over 200 uploads, so well done for that Smile

Mention was made of uploading to the Elvas Tower site; although I'm not a regular user of it, I believe one has to have made a certain number of posts before being able to download anything. No doubt someone will put me right, but is there a subscription system, like UKTS, where, by paying an annual fee, one can get unlimited access?

I hope you do get a site to host your contributions, but if not, or until you do, can anyone offer your models, assuming they have them (!) to any other simmer who requires them, please?

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rfletcher72 Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:07 pm

Hello Alec and Ged,

Thanks for the kind words.

I may have hit upon a solution, in that Darren Porter (another UKTS outcast) of DP Simulation has kindly offered to host the lot on his site, creating a new MSTS section for the purpose of doing so.

Given the numbers involved, this will of course take some sorting out, so nothing is set in stone at present. I have begun the process of removal, more will go over the course of the evening. So there will be a period in which these will become unavailable for a time. However, as I say above, I do have them all safely downloaded and stored so nothing is lost, and I have no objection whatsoever to supplying files directly to members on here, be it for themselves or others.

I must also add that any permissions I have given previously to people in respect of my work, these still stand.

Ged, I have no problem at all with TSSH members distributing my MSTS stuff on a 1 to 1 basis with other simmers. If you do not have the requisite file, just drop me a PM or contact me by email:

rfletcher72@talktalk.net

Thanks again Guys,

Richard
rfletcher72
rfletcher72

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi Richard.

I'm glad that you have found a solution, it would be a shame if all that excellent work was lost to MSTS users, that sounds a better solution than my suggestion of trainsim.com, as being in it's own section means it will not be hidden amongst a mountain of other downloads, hope it all works out and the uploads all go well  OK 

It's a pity we can't host files on here.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:24 pm

Hi Richard,
Many thanks for the permission for one-to-one distribution, but it looks as if it won't be necessary in the long term Smile

Good luck in your negotiations with Darren!!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:02 pm

Hi Richard,

So sorry to hear that you are having to remove everything from UKTS.... Can I ask what prompted it?

If my business goes as well as I am hoping and with my first customer tomorrow, then I will discuss with Justin and possibly look into a dedicated site for MSTS uploads at a later date. I know Justin did have a site for MSTS content which seems to have changed recently. Maybe we can look at doing something with www.Weebly.com???
Not sure what others think of that idea, but I thought I would put it out there.

Cheers

Andy

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  glasgowworks Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:50 pm

Hi Richard

Sorry to hear about withdrawing your files from UKTS and that was a very difficult decission. This will mean that anyone that needs your content for their activities will have to fend for theirselves. Remember, there is always plenty of choices for MSTS in the file library.

I keep almost all my content in a pen drive for safe keeping in case anything happens.

Take care  Very Happy 
Alistair Cowell
glasgowworks
glasgowworks

Back to top Go down

Post  gswindale Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:33 pm

Like others; I am saddened by your decision Richard.

I seem to recall you did a series of activities "Diesels Under the Wires"? I never got round to downloading & driving them  Crying or Very sad 

How much content have you actually got size wise for MSTS?

I've got a fair amount of web-space that could be used if people want to - let me know and I should be able to set something up.

Truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
gswindale
gswindale

http://www.makingtracks-online.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi Richard,

I know this may come as a bit “too little, too late” option but Andy and Myself are currently working out a file hosting solution for TSSH. Given time I’m sure we will have an answer that will cover every-ones files with ease and help keep them in one spot.

Justin

My MSTS Content Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  bharrison Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:48 pm

Hi Richard,

Sorry to hear your withdrawing from ukts. I've always gone for your diesels when using them in my loco hauled acts on many routes. I hope you can find a home for them. Even if it is trainsim.com. I will miss having your choice of diesels to hand when writing activities.

If you do find a home for them please do let us know where to find them.

Thank You Ben  A4PSmember[b][color=#ff9933]
bharrison
bharrison

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down