Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AI Coupling Problem

+2
j3801
Stefcurtis
6 posters

Go down

AI Coupling Problem Empty AI Coupling Problem

Post  Stefcurtis Sat 01 Feb 2014, 8:44 am

Hi Chaps,
is is possible to connect an AI 'light loco' to a static consist in a siding the AI loco is directed to.
I directed the loco there & it 'bounced' off the stock.
I checked the coupling lines of code in the loco's .eng file & changed them to suit the static consist (bearing in mind i was reversing onto it)
I tried (as that loco is configured to have chain & automatic couplings) to ensure the automatic code was in the correct place of the .eng file but again, it bounced off.
The reverse point was in the right place for the loco to drive out of the siding which it did, but without the consist!

Any idea's?

Thanks...

Stef  Rolling Eyes
Stefcurtis
Stefcurtis

Back to top Go down

AI Coupling Problem Empty Re: AI Coupling Problem

Post  j3801 Sat 01 Feb 2014, 9:49 am

Hi Stef,

As far as I have experimented, MSTS "usually" doesn't let A.I. services to couple.
All of my attempts so far have failed, however I have heard reports that it is possible to "trick" MSTS into doing it.
Perhaps one of our activity writers may be able to shed some more light?

Justin

AI Coupling Problem Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Stefcurtis Sat 01 Feb 2014, 11:57 am

Hi Justin,
let's see if anyone else knows eh...

Stef  Neutral 
Stefcurtis
Stefcurtis

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 01 Feb 2014, 12:49 pm

Hi Gentlemen,
I have recently done a test where an AI loco couples to a loose consist. The problem is that as soon as it's coupled, the loco loses its AI status and just sits there with no sound, no smoke and above all, no movement!!

I'd certainly be interested in seeing the reports mentioned by Justin - with MSTS, you never know what's possible, even now, at its great age!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Scampispeedway Sat 01 Feb 2014, 3:36 pm

Hi Stef, I did a search on the Trainsim.com site in America and this question was asked way back in
2001/2002 and in the replies it was said that it could be done with Trainz but unfortunately not MSTS.

Bob
Scampispeedway
Scampispeedway

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sat 01 Feb 2014, 6:45 pm

Hi Stef,

This topic was also covered in http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=242&t=135932#p1684315 where much the same conclusions were made.

Regards,

stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Latimer Sat 01 Feb 2014, 7:53 pm

This is just "off the top of my head". I've never tried it so I don't know if it would work and if it would, it would take a bit of fiddling around.

Have the coaches or wagons in the siding with an invisible loco as a piece of traffic, moving verrrry slowly and timed to reach the end of its path at the "switch-over" point at the "switch-over" time (when it will disappear). Have the AI loco coming into the siding with the end of its path at the switch-over point and timed to reach it at the switch-over time (when it too will disappear). Have a new piece of traffic starting at the switch-over time made up of the assembled stock and with it starting in the appropriate place and driving away.

Anyone game to try it? (I will when I have time, but now we have a house full of guests from Canada for our son's wedding.)

Bob.

Bob Latimer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stefcurtis Sun 02 Feb 2014, 8:20 am

Good morning chaps,
sorry i am late in replying but for the first 2 replies on this topic i had an email notification telling me someone had posted but for the later ones i didnt!
Therefore i thought there were no more replies to the topic!  Rolling Eyes 

Anyway, i like your idea Bob, in fact i had a similar idea too but never got round to trying it out!

I'll give it a go.

While we are on the subject of AI trains why is it that some will not dissappear when they reach the end of their route!

I am creating a scenario at York whereby i am waiting for 'the road' in the cab of a 47 & just watching  the traffic go by.

It is a nightmare programming in insertion times of consists in a tight movement schedule when some of them are still sitting there down the line out of sight just 'waiting' to cause the inevitible'you have a derailment!'  Mad 

Cheers..

Stef  Smile
Stefcurtis
Stefcurtis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down