Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSTS - Helpful Facts and Links - Part 06 (TSection & Track Packs)

Go down

MSTS - Helpful Facts and Links - Part 06 (TSection & Track Packs) Empty MSTS - Helpful Facts and Links - Part 06 (TSection & Track Packs)

Post  rufuskins Wed 30 Jan 2013, 7:46 pm

This is the sixth part in a series of posts that are meant to give a simple history of MSTS and point people to the various accessories/links considered vital to maximising the performance of MSTS.

This part looks at various track packs that are used extensively throughout MSTS, and includes links for additional information and download access.

TSection
Another critical item that goes along with the various track packs is keeping your TSection file up to date (it means Track Section). Quite often when you install an older add-on into your simulator, you will find that either nothing works or other newer ones now fail; this is quite probably because the TSection was regressed back to an older version. Simply download the latest version and you'll be ready to go.
The current UK model is TSection42UK, which is a modified version of V42 in which some turnouts have had their ClearanceDist values changed back to the V38 values. Details are listed in the first part of the TSection.dat file. Move or rename your existing TSection.dat file in your GLOBAL folder before unzipping the download into your GLOBAL folder.
The above version can be downloaded from Trainsim.com.

New Roads
New Roads is an expanded range of straight, curved, single- and multi-lane road pieces for freeway to country lane. These are added to the Global folder.
The above version can be downloaded from Steam4me.
Further details can be seen at Steam4me.

XTracks
This provides a vast number of additional track sections that MSTS doesn't include. Track is physically compatible with MSTS track and designed to simply extend the range of track that is available. Most routes will need this so it's worth having it installed all the time.
This can be downloaded from Steam4me.
Further details can be seen at Steam4me.

UK FineScale
UK FineScale (UKFS) is a comprehensive track system based on UK track specifications; you'll find the rails are a better profile with a generally much nicer look to the track. Any routes that are built with UK FineScale track will need this to be installed. A user manual is included with the download.
This can be downloaded from Steam4me.

It should be noted that the above files can be downloaded from other sources.

When installing and/or amending all or any part of MSTS it is strongly recommended that you create a back-up copy, because even with the best will in the world mistakes can and will happen. There’s many a “simmer” who can testify to that.

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down