Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animated Waterfall

3 posters

Go down

Animated Waterfall Empty Animated Waterfall

Post  emufarmer Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi
I like making animations as with my Models I make, but I have had some dramatic failures, like undercarriage lowering on Aircraft coming into land, ripples on a Pond, Steam from Cooling Towers etc, but here I have been working on this Water fall for what seems years, but maybe staggered months, OK this Waterfall has to have other parts added like rock walls, and other tinkering etc etc, so this is the basic Waterfall for you to vet for me and have your thoughts, please.

https://s930.photobucket.com/user/emufarmer/media/WaterfallAnim.mp4.html

Regards Frank
emufarmer
emufarmer

Back to top Go down

Animated Waterfall Empty Re: Animated Waterfall

Post  dee4141 Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi Frank, there appears to be movement both up and down, therefore it doesn't look quite right to me. You've chosen a very tricky subject though.... Wink
dee4141
dee4141

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Not bad, Frank.
To me it looks like one image passing from front to back.
Thinking out side the box, have you considered using something like a wheel turning (looking at the shape front on rather than the side) to get the constant roll of the waterfall? As you said it isn't finish, so you could use the rocky surrounds to hide the top and bottom edges. Just a thought.

Justin

Animated Waterfall Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  emufarmer Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:35 pm

Thanks Danny it is a tricky one to work on and yes Justin I have gone through all that imaging, this is a picture of a Weir in MEP.
My problem here is the height of the Waterfall, imagine a 20 meter fall with a roller of 25 meters, and fitting 3 or 4 rollers above each other is certainly not authentic looking,
My Waterfall has 3 images going back and for all at different timings and angles, but with MSTS limitations they all end at the same time, this is what I have to configure in the Shape File plus changing the images to suit, thanks for the suggestion.

https://s930.photobucket.com/user/emufarmer/media/Weir.mp4.html

Frank
emufarmer
emufarmer

Back to top Go down

Post  dee4141 Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:37 pm

Just noticed the "related images" and that looks much better - movement only downwards.
dee4141
dee4141

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum