Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zürich Basel Download Problems

4 posters

Go down

Zürich Basel Download Problems Empty Zürich Basel Download Problems

Post  patric Mon 29 Apr 2024, 10:00 am

Hi everyone:

Let me first aplogize for mz poor English

I'm bothering you because I have a problem with the download of the Zürich Basel Route.

I have tried to do it several times, but it is quite difficult. In one day I managed to download only three files #1, #2 and #4 after numerous attempts.

The problem is that, at the end of the download, it is not completed due to problems with dropbox  for which I proceeded to sign up.  I don't know what Dropbox is for; I can't download from it. With the three files that I managed to download directly (at the end of the download the error "download failed" appears, but by choosing the "resume" option it is successful), the route works, its tracking is ok,  but the textures of the numerous buildings do not appear (just a few ones with colors and windows), but only their shapes do,  and the result is not very inviting. Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

I don't know what to do Question  Question  except ask someone for help...(I suppose that file #3 would be enough because In Dropbox it is called "TEXTURES")

Thanks in advance!

patric

Back to top Go down

Zürich Basel Download Problems Empty Re: Zürich Basel Download Problems

Post  peacockg Mon 29 Apr 2024, 3:25 pm

Hi Patric
The textures are in the other zip folders and you need to download all 6 to get the route to display correctly.

Sorry but I know nothing about Dropbox so cannot help you with that.

Garry
peacockg
peacockg

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 29 Apr 2024, 6:44 pm

Hi Patric,
You don't need to log-in or sign-up to Dropbox to use it for downloading Garry's (or anybody else's) files!

1. Left-click the down-pointing arrow at the top right of the Dropbox screen (next to 'Share').
2. At the "Log in or sign up" panel, left click "or continue with download only" at the bottom of the panel.

I have just downloaded all 6 files, although Dropbox didn't seem to respond some times. In those cases, I just went back to Garry's page and re-clicked the required file.

Hope this helps Smile

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  patric Mon 29 Apr 2024, 7:51 pm

Thank you all for the quick replies: I will continue with the download attempts, even if the route works with files #1,#2, #3 and #4 only. The textures are fine and the activities....I will make them! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

P.S. should anyone be interested in italian routes (Italy= very mountainous country), please feel free to ask; I will be happy to answer with all my (little) knowledge

Thanks again!
l

Riccardo

patric

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 Tue 30 Apr 2024, 10:51 am

Hi Patric,

Sorry for my late reply (I did get your email as well).
I can confirm what Ged has said about not needing to be signed up for DropBox for the downloads.
I have checked the downloads on a fair few different computers and different internet connections, and I would say that they are all good for downloading.

Like any website, DropBox can have its moments where it decides not to work, but I have had that happen on "offline" websites that I have messed with in the past. Like MSTS itself and computers in general - if it figures out that you are trying to do smoething important or vital, it will chose that moment to give you greif!!!

Regards,
Justin

Zürich Basel Download Problems Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down