Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tutorial for TSRE5??

3 posters

Go down

Tutorial for TSRE5?? Empty Tutorial for TSRE5??

Post  Cityrail-Rulez Fri 22 Mar 2024, 6:58 pm

I'm curious, is there any tutorials for building routes and activities in TSRE5?

I'm aware the site has images that supposed to help! But it makes no sense to me. I can't even view the keyboard image because the site doesn't allow click to zoom..
Video tutorials would HELP a lot, if any!!!

Cityrail-Rulez

Back to top Go down

Tutorial for TSRE5?? Empty Re: Tutorial for TSRE5??

Post  slipperman12 Fri 22 Mar 2024, 7:19 pm

Hi,
Welcome to the Forum Smile

TSRE5 is a new (-ish!) route editor for MSTS and Open Rails.  Sadly, it is incomplete/unfinished, especially with regard to the Activity Editor element.
Eric, over at trainsim.com, has taken up the baton to further develop and correct TSRE5 so may I suggest that you take a look at the TSRE Route Editor and TSRE Consist Editor Forums over there.  As the Activity Editor is still incomplete there are unlikely to be any video tutorials on the subject, but you might try YouTube.com.

I'm assuming that you don't have MSTS installed, but if you do, activities created using its AE can be run with Open Rails - a full manual is available for using MSTS AE.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Cityrail-Rulez likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Cityrail-Rulez Sat 23 Mar 2024, 5:11 am

Hi Ged, thanks for the warm welcome! Smile

I had a mess around with the editor, so far so good I ended up working out how to use Open Street Maps and convert the maps as terrain tiles and remove them afterwards. Works like a charm, shame TSM didn't have that feature LOL Laughing

I guess it's going to take some practice learning TSRE5, I will check out trainsim.com forums for any information I find useful!
I could still use MSTS route editor, just having to enable DPI in compatibility so that mouse motivation can work on windows 10, unless there's some other way I could get it working that would be great..

Overall, I do like the features TSRE5 has. Just wished the author made it more understandable and allowed users who visits the site to view the keyboard input as a larger image..

Cityrail-Rulez

Back to top Go down

Post  peacockg Sat 23 Mar 2024, 12:52 pm

There is a partial manual for TSRE. You can download it here

https://github.com/pwillard/TSRE5-Document/blob/master/book.pdf

Garry

peacockg
peacockg

Cityrail-Rulez likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Cityrail-Rulez Mon 25 Mar 2024, 7:28 am

peacockg wrote:There is a partial manual for TSRE. You can download it here

https://github.com/pwillard/TSRE5-Document/blob/master/book.pdf

Garry

Thanks heaps, now I can see the keyboard shortcuts Cool Really appreciate that!!
Cheers Cool Cool Cool

Cityrail-Rulez

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down